Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Were any of the 70-73 mach 1's coupes? If not, would I be shuned in the mustang world for putting mach 1 stripes on my '73 coupe? I think the stripes are really cool, and am thinking about painting it red, with a black spoiler, and black mach 1 stripes. Any input?

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
all the Machs in 71 -73 were fastbacks..but if you like the stripes..go ahead and do it..you have to be happy with your car..don't worry about what anyone else thinks by the way..if you can get a Nasa hood..then the accent stripes really look great

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
They didn't make Mach 1 convertibles but mine will look like one by the end of winter. I think the only problem you will have with the stripes are the very rear across the trunk and quarter panel extensions. The stripes wont be cut for your car. The trunk on a sportsroof is narrower than a coup and the quarter panel extensions at the tail lights are longer.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Its your car, do what you like. I got a lot of "flack" for doing a V8/T5 into my beautiful little 64.5 U code, but I have never conformed to the "bone stock" crowd. The way it looks, drives, handles and stops is all up to you!

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I've seen a few coupes with the mach1 striping on, there are 4 here in my area with this

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There were no 71-73 Mach 1 coupes but I have seen some with the stripes. I like the idea, paint it red, with a black spoiler and Mach 1 stripes.......Hey this sounds familar. Sounds like a great idea to me. Ryan.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts