Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 69 Mach One with a build date of 10-7-68 and I'm the second owner it's color is Gulfstream Aqua I have owned this car for 21 yrs. and go to alot of shows and events and have only ever seen one other 69 Mach this color. Can anyone tell me if this is a common color or not for a 69 Mach One?

·
Registered
9,992 Posts
Not a common color. Just a very cool color. Ford had plenty of advertizing everywhere for the "then new" Mach I. Most of the cars shown were red in color.
Do you have a "Marti report" for this car? You might be able to break it down to how many make.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not a common color. Just a very cool color. Ford had plenty of advertizing everywhere for the "then new" Mach I. Most of the cars shown were red in color.
Do you have a "Marti report" for this car? You might be able to break it down to how many make.
No I don't how do you go about getting one?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
292 Posts
According to Marti's book "Mustang by the Numbers" Ford produced 4712 Gulfstream Aqua Sportsroof Mustangs. Some percentage of those were Mach 1's. For more specific data relating to your car check out this link:

www.martiauto.com

The "Deluxe" report is quite detailed. If you have something particularly unique you can have them research very specific criteria.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
According to Marti's book "Mustang by the Numbers" Ford produced 4712 Gulfstream Aqua Sportsroof Mustangs. Some percentage of those were Mach 1's. For more specific data relating to your car check out this link:

www.martiauto.com

The "Deluxe" report is quite detailed. If you have something particularly unique you can have them research very specific criteria.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks alot byteme appreciate the info. I will diffinitley check it out! Thanks again, my friend

·
Registered
9,826 Posts
A lot of the Mach 1 Mustangs were re-painted red over the years no matter the original color. Recently, it's becoming cool to sport the original paint color. Years ago it was cheap and easy to go with "Resell Red", so that's what we see a lot.
LOL, yeah, around here it was "musclecar red", or maroon metallic. I can't even begin on how many there were sporting that shade of hideousness.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts