Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1970 R code Mach One drag pack 428 SCJ
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 70 Mach One doesn’t have any courtesy lights below the dash, or a glove box light. It has lights in the C pillars and lower door panels. Is it possible that this is correct, or were they left off when the car was restored? This car has a drag pack, so it is possible that it wasn’t ordered with a bunch of options.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
should be standard. is on mine.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you have a marti report on your car? I had heard that there was an optional “illumination group” that you could order, but I don’t know that for a fact.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just read another post about an optional “visibility group.” This is what I was referring to when I said “illumination group.” I misspoke.

·
Registered
955 Posts
I assumed they all had footwell lights. The map light was an option that is under the dash just above the glove box. It is controlled by a glove box switch or a secondary switch near the bulb. That's as close as it gets to a glove box light. It looks like they are $55.09 from CJ Pony. Here is the install: Mustang Deluxe Interior Map Light with Switch (1969-1970) Installation Instructions
WCCC has the footwell brackets and probably the socket and harness as well: Bracket - Courtesy Light - Used ~ 1969 Mercury Cougar / 1969 Ford Mustang
This schematic shows how it works, but it is not a wire diagram:

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
should have 2 lamps under the dash

I believe the ML was part of the conv option. mine does not have it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts