Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My quest to find and evaluate local machine shops started off VERY slow today by placing phone calls to my local parts suppliers and asking questions. Unfurtunately All of them are country born and bred and if it aint within 5 miles they don't know anything about it, so I came up blank.

All is not lost though, because I just found this site:
http://www.machineshopweb.com/

I am sure most of you prob have seen it all ready, and if you haven't I just though I would share with you then. It is a website with Names and contact information for Maching Shops listed according to city and state. It gives me a great starting place to find a machine shop to suit my needs.

·
Administrator
19,311 Posts
Local to me I found the guy that does some of my motorcycle work but I didn't see Fulton Racing. Fulton is one of THE big time engine builders around here and one of the few I would trust with my engine.
This list is pretty good but doesn't list the "engine building" shops. I suspect because they don't list themselves in the phone book as "general machine work"shops.
I know for a fact my motorcycle guy (listed) doesn't touch car engines and doesn't actually want people to know he can be talked into motorcycle repairs.

·
Registered
10,587 Posts
Thanks for the tip....I've always found selling machine work over the web to be a difficult venue, as much personal interaction is usually involved and part transportation can be problematical, at least in my niche of the business...

But, networking and using the web as a big yellow page ad (with a service where people might be likely to go) could be a plus.

I don't do automotive work but the principle is still the same, I guess...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts