Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted: 1/31/06 8:38pm
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey everyone!

I am in the process of my 289/302 build up, and I need some recommendations for a couple of good machine shops in my area. I am in the Putnam County, NY / Danbury, CT area. I need a crank cleaned up and balanced, and I need some heaad work done as well. If 1 shop will cover both, then great, but usually the good top end guys don't do bottom end stuff, and vice versa. At least from what I have seen.

Thanks !!
Rusty

·
Registered
595 Posts
Rusty,
My son-in-law has a restoration shop in Danbury, Ct for the last 15 years or so. He knows everybody in the area. Give him a call, he'll be able to steer you right.

Ted Boccuzzi at Ducksworth Vintage and Antique Auto Restoration
3 Starr Street
Danbury, Ct.
203-748-7655

Good luck,
Jay67fast

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
there is a guy in croton ny that does very nice work

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Jimmy Betz at Racing Engine Development is in Paterson, NY about 10 minutes from Danbury, CT. He built my motor and the amount of research that goes into one of his builds is hard to believe. All of their machinery is new, the shop is clean, and he really does some high-end stuff. They are at 845-259-3587 and I unreservedly recommend them if you're looking for something beyond the usual crate motor fare. Here is a link to the motor and results-

engine]http://www.pro-touring.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7168]engine post on p-t.com[/url]

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
What about Danbury competition engine? I don't know if they are still in business?They built a really nice motor for a buddy of mine many moons ago.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
These guys did my engine, great to work with:
Fitzgerald Automotive LLC
187 South Main Street, Beacon Falls, CT 06403
(203) 723-7247

Also:

Danbury Competition Engine
15 TAYLOR ST
DANBURY, CT 06810
203-748-7356

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Storm Crankshaft in Mt Vernon and Tom Hurd at Elmsford Speed
have done work for me in the past and have always been reliable

·
Registered
254 Posts
What about Danbury competition engine? I don't know if they are still in business?They built a really nice motor for a buddy of mine many moons ago.
Yes, Danbury Competition is still in business. Give Joe a call, he specializes in Ford motors.

:peeping:

·
Registered
4,693 Posts
I have used Jummy's machine shop in Yonkers forall my engine work since I had a shop in westchester back in the 90's. he is a good guy ot work with. 914-423-3232

1 - 9 of 9 Posts