Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder what type of internal Ford documentation there would be for a Mustang that was used on the Magic Skyway Ride for the 1964/1965 Worlds Fair. My local craigslist has the attached listing. I am not affiliated in any way, but am curious if anyone has seen any type of documentation on these Mustangs. I might have to go look out of curiousity.https://nmi.craigslist.org/cto/d/traverse-city-1965-mustang-magic-skyway/6959379153.html

·
Registered
9,042 Posts
Very, Very Interesting. I'm sure that Gary Schweitzer would love to take a look at this thing... as he owns and restored a White '65 NYWF Magic Skyway Convertible from the 1965 Season (2nd NYWF Season).

I just read something that Gary Schweitzer might actually be the seller of this car...lol.... Read the article...

Tony K.

:)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
The Ford employee that bought the car as "used" at Ford, probably got some sales papers saying what the car had been used for. They probably sold cars internal for a lot of different reasons.

·
Registered
9,042 Posts
Here's some on the very first 1964 Season... Look at the VIN#'s on the cars on the sheet......Some were from the very first batch of 10 Pre-Production cars made!

Notice that they are referred to as 1964 1/2 Mustangs!

Enjoy...

:eek:)

Tony K.

Attachments

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
9,042 Posts
Pat, Just download all 3 article pics and you can blow them up in any standard Windows .JPG viewer...

:eek:)

Tony K.

·
Registered
21,384 Posts
We went there every day when my dad was on vacation in 64 and 65. I've been lucky to have actually been in them at the Ford Pavilion.

The Atomic Energy Commission also had a building. They had a display where you would drop in a dime and it would radiate it. Then you would snap the dime into a plastic ring. Still have it. I have to cover it over at night otherwise the light coming off it keeps me up.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tony, I downloaded the images, but the text of the articles is still to fuzzy to read it. Neat part of Mustang history, tough to put a value on it though.

·
Premium Member
6,424 Posts
I believe there is one of the original and unrestored Skyway Mustangs at the Mustang Owners Museum in Charlotte...unique mechanical track equipment still under the car.

Attachments

Reactions: Huntingky
1 - 9 of 9 Posts