Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know that the word "eleanor" is getting old, but i want to make a set of side skirts with the exhaust coming out in front of the rear wheels. i was thinking about using a sheet of stainless or aluminum for rigidity, but it would be hard to form it to match the curves that the skirts on eleanor have. so i figured hand molding my own skirts onto the aluminum or stainless and then hand sanding to make the curves smooth and perfect. sound like a good idea. i know it is alot of work but they don't have them for 70 models. so what i am asking is, how can one make their own batch of fiberglass? i understand the respiratory risks. input is welcome and appreciated. thanks.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
why not look into adapting the late model mustang side skirts to an earlier mustang? It might be a lot easier modifying something like that than starting from scratch. Take some measurements and then head over to the Ford dealer to compare. you might have better luck. setting up molds for fiberglass is not for the faint of heart, especially if you have never done it......

randy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts