Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellow VMFers-
As I read through the forums I have seen several "ohh I met a VMFer in town" or ohh " I just met a VMFer who I have been taking to online for 3 years and he just lives around the block". So.... I think it would be really great if everyone would put the city that they are from in thier signature to increase the opertunity for fellow VMFers to network. (read: drink beer and tinker).

2nd: Can anyone point me in the direction of good Mustang resources in either Louisville, KY (Home) or Bloomington, IN (School).

Thanks so much!
John

P.S. I love how the forum spell-checker doesn't recognize the word "Mustang"

66' 200 3 speed Daily Driver
AkA Babe the Blue Ox
Bloomington, IN & Louisville, KY

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Way back in the day (1999 or earlier 2000), I recall someone spending quite a bit of time putting together a list for this exact reason. I'm not sure how to ressurect this, but perhaps the author could step forward and repost it. Either way, I agree that more info in the profiles would be a useful thing.

Shannon a.k.a. The ShanMan! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif
66' Vintage Burgundy C-code coupe
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1571656&a=12306481&p=42935059&Sequence=2.jpg

·
7,010 Posts
John,

I'd hazard a guess that I am the closest VMFer to you. I'm between Louisville and Bloomington. Unfortunately, I'm stangless until I get my engine back in the car. see http://www.blueriver.net/~finite/mopower.htm for details.

Regarding resources, I know there is a Mustang club in Columbus, Indiana which is about 30 minutes away from you in Bloomington. There is also a club in Louisville, or at least in the Metro area. I haven't contacted either of these clubs, so I'm not sure whats up with them. You probably ought to head over to the Shelby convention at the Brown County State Park in Nashville (20 minutes from Bloomington) the weekend of May 18-20. It would be a good opportuntity to meet mustang people in the local area, and see some great cars. I've never been, but I understand that Mustangs are welcome as well.

For parts, you're pretty much limited to mail order. National Parts Depot's office out of Livonia, Michigan is a great source. Their parts will generally arrive in 2 days in our area. They are (IMHO) better to work with than the Paddock or Mustangs Unlimitted. I've had VERY LITTLE luck with the parts stores in Bloomington. Firestone down by the mall ripped me off big time about 10 years back...so I avoid them like the plague. Pep Boys just hasn't impressed me at all. Actually Walker's Amoco on Third street did a lot of work on my cars back when I lived in Bloomington, and I never had the first bit of problem with them. Goodyear on College can be good can be bad. You have to watch them.

Anyway good luck. Maybe we'll run into each other some time. Seems like we're in B-ton about once a week. If you cruise the Twin Lakes softball complex (on West 2nd Street) in a month or so on about any Monday night, you will probably see my convertible.

Phil

'65 Convertible (with many mods.)
http://www.blueriver.net/~finite/Pony.htm

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think this is a good idea!! I now know I'm close to Shan-Man. Thanks for the idea!!

65 coupe 302
(rebuilding a 351W)
Long Beach, CA

·
Registered
625 Posts
I live at I-65 and Highway 50. I would also recommend the Shelby show at Nashville, Indiana. You could e-mail [email protected] for more info about the show. The setting is beautiful at the Brown County State Park and the show attracts many high quality cars. Last year and again this year, it is included in the Pony Trail from Mustang Monthly or Mustang Illustrated magazine. It is on my schedule as a "don't miss" event. My car is a long way from their caliber but I get a good idea of what it should look like when done.

·
Registered
625 Posts
My car came from real close to you. We bought it in June of last year. When I pulled tractors for a deep money pit, most every corner of 5 states were covered. Now I am trying to remember where I saw that old car just sitting beside an old barn or next to a house up on blocks.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Click here and click on the "Locate VMFers" in the Toolbox.....

RJ
68 Diamond Blue Coupe
Sprint Promotion A
289 2bbl with a C4

Click Here For Home Page

1 - 9 of 9 Posts