Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a crazy day at work!! Everything accumulated through the 4th of July weekend till today, so it was buzy and hot at 100 degrees. Didn't get much spraying done as the schedule, breakdowns, and the afternoon heat created a mess. What a cluster #@%#@.! So, we went golfing in 100 degree weather. The beers kept flowing and I was so far over par I did'nt care anymore.

Looks like we will survive the drought though. The water situation is a little better than last year which is vitally important for an agricultural business. Between accounts recievables, cash on hand and inventory payables, we should be as well off as last year. Man, was I ever nervous adding up the remaining inventory bills, that run into the hundreds of thousands./forums/images/icons/tongue.gif Oh well, after a few years of this it will be old hat. Just happy we will be around for next year. A burden lifted off my shoulders. Mustanging will be more fun as a hobby rather than stress relief./forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Premium Member
3,651 Posts
Golf and drinking in 100 degree heat??? Man I wouldnt care about the world by the time I hit the 3 green...if I could hit it!!! Today me and another guy had to do carthodic protection cad welding on a live 4 inch gas main while it was still in service in front of the state firemarshal to prove that we can do it right. We got an A+. Anything less and I probably wouldnt be hear right now typing. Keep cool!

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would have been one nervous MYTANG if I was in your shoes.....or one really nervous fire marshall!!! LOL Hope you get hazard pay for that type of welding....

·
Registered
518 Posts
Hey Dan,
I can relate to the golf situation. I played last Friday, but it was only 103 deg. I have to play intramural golf tonight and the temp. is expected to be 112. Fortunately, it's only 9 holes and it will be cooling down as the round goes on (maybe to 105/forums/images/icons/smile.gif). Also, the wind speed should be around 20 knots. I keep asking myself "WHY?", but the answer is always "Because, I am nuts"./forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

1 - 4 of 4 Posts