Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
At stops in gear I am starting to get some bleed down on my brake pedal. If I recall this is typically a master cylinder problem. Go figure, my dual bowl MC is only a decade old.

Instead of just replacing my MC with the same thing can I upgrade to power drums now with a booster and a new master cylinder? Long term I want front discs but would like to make that a future project if I can upgrade to power then power discs without duplicating my work much.

My 68 was a 289 factory power steering car, now has a 351W with long tube headers. It has been an automatic its whole life and it has factory A/C, well now with a Sanden compressor.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sure, just make sure you get a drum MC now though.
drat. A drum MC is different than a disc one. Not the largest of investments or duplication of work though.

The boosters are the same?

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Easy way is to install the booster/pedal/Disc brake master now, add a 10pound residual in front brake circuit (New raybestos MC 36251 has no residual for front).

When you add disc brakes, simply remove the inline residual---Cruise.

I can sell you all this for $205.00.

Dan

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Easy way is to install the booster/pedal/Disc brake master now, add a 10pound residual in front brake circuit (New raybestos MC 36251 has no residual for front).

When you add disc brakes, simply remove the inline residual---Cruise.

I can sell you all this for $205.00.

Dan
email sent

1 - 5 of 5 Posts