Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Flaming River Manual Rack 65-70 Mustang. $400
Part number FR300-65HR Less than 1000 miles on rack. I purchased this for a coupe project that I am in the process of selling. I now have a fastback that I am building and decided to go to a power steering rack.
This rack requires modification to the steering column or aftermarket steering column i.e. Ididit or Flaming River. Flaming River has installation instructions on their web site. $400 plus shipping.

call me 609 238 3161 Located South New Jersey 15 minutes from Philadelphia

·
Registered
388 Posts
I am very interested in this. Can you provide more info about what is included w/ this? Is this for the rack/cradle setup or just the rack?

Thanks
Carey

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
It has everything besides the adapter to fit a stock column (Or you can purchase an I did it column and the bar that goes from the column to the u joints. I think its a $15 part from summit. Ill get you exactly what part number you will need. Its simply a solid piece of steel.

Ill take some pics for you. Call me after 5:00 eastern time if you would like to discuss.

609-238-3161

Shawn

·
Registered
388 Posts
Thanks, i'll give you a call this evening. i figured 10 was a little late to call when i came across this listing the other day.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Manual rack flaming river pictures by nauglesh - Photobucket

Here is the link to the photos I have taken this evening. It looks like it will need the double d "DD" shaft. 16 inches should be plenty. Summit has them. This unit is used and came off a 69 mustang. He had it on the car for 700 road miles. There is some surface rust and on boot is torn where it is clamped to the rack. It looks like you just have to loosen the clamp and reinstall. One of the u joints has 1 nut missing and the mounting hardware to the frame will need to be purchased. I have the PDF of the installation instructions from flaming river website if you need it or just look up the kit and download on your own. Looks very simple.

Shawn

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Back from the dead. I am going with a power steering setup (Randalls) and no longer need this setup. If you look up my name 351clevormustang on corral.net, I have great feedback. I have sold plenty of high end parts (C4's, AOD, Astro T5, superchargers) I have way to many mustangs. Let me know if you are interested. Thank you

·
Registered
158 Posts
hi-- I'm interested. Can you pm me shipping costs to Mason, Mi. 48854? What else would I need to purchase to complete the switch to manual?

thanks,
brian

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Shipping will be around $40. You will need a column converions kit (TCP, maybe others sales them) to convert your stock column to accept the "DD" shafts. You could also simply get an aftermarket column from ididit or flaming river as well. You will need mounting grade 8 hardware to mount bracket to the frame and another "DD shaft" summit sales them. Detail install instructions are on flaming river website. I can also email them to you if you give me your email address. call me if you have any questions 609-238-3161

·
Registered
241 Posts
What a deal. Bump. BTW what headers would best for this model for a 302

1 - 17 of 17 Posts