Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:thumbup: or :thumbdown: on using one of them. We already lost our first hose on the son's 68 and the feel is way lighter than I like for any road feel. The hose loos was probably my fault, I should have cut more slack off the way too long one size fits all return hose.

Who has used the manual conversion adapter and did it turn out to be a good thing or a bad thing?

Thanks

·
Registered
7,756 Posts
I bought it and have it on my car while it is at the paint shop. I can't speak as to the longevity but it seemed to go together well.

I was a little concerned about the size of the stud that goes into the pitman arm but once tightened it seemed fine.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Been using mine for 7+ years. I like it. It essentially converted the steering to manual without having to replace the center link and other components.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How is the steering effort? I'm assuming since it goes in place of the control valve that it may feel exactly like driving it now with the belt off the pump.

This is going on a daily driver.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I just put my P/S back on my car after three years. I am contemplating selling my car and I figure it may be more desirable with the P/S back on the car. I liked the manual steering, but it requires some effort when the car is barely moving (and smaller front tires is a definite plus). I would also recommend a 15" or larger steering wheel. If you have an aftermarket wheel that is smaller than this, stick with the P/S.

I was going to put my manual steering kit up for sale soon. If you think you are going to go with a manual steering kit, email ([email protected]) me with a reasonable offer (think they are like $55 - 60 new), and I will ship it to you. I have all the parts and the install instructions (basically everything I got with the kit).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts