Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been relying on online searches and my mechanic grandfather's expertise to work on my restomod '69 Grande. However, I am no longer living super close to my grandpa and I am sick of searching the internet for hours and not even finding the right information. It is long past the time I should have buckled down and purchased the shop manuals for it.

However, I am running into an issue there. I am really interested in keeping the 4.1L 6cyl that was originally in the vehicle and souping it up. I have looked at a lot of manuals and they almost exclusively deal with v8 engines. If I get the CD version of the '69 Mustang shop manual I assume it will have the 6cyl information, but I just wanted to make sure before making the purchase.

Can someone confirm this for me? Also, if anyone knows of any resources that are helpful for the 6cyl aside from the shop manual feel free to add them to this post.

-Kitch

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Cant hep with the shop manual...but if you arent already registered there FordSix is a great resource for all versions of the I6, including the Aussie versions:

Reactions: HarryZ

·
Registered
9,700 Posts
The Ford shop manual covers the sixes, and multiple car lines. Well worth the investment.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
In your online searches, you should call the engine a 250 cubic inch six cylinder. I'm sure that's what your Grandfather calls it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts