Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am a young stang lover with many questions.... please reply to this and/or email me at [email protected]

1) What does the 1967 decour(deluxe) interior consist of???
2) How hard would it be to add the GT flog lamps to a 1967 stang??? How???
3) How hard would it be to convert a convertible top to a power top??? How???
4) How hard would it be to add a tach to the car??? How???
5) How do you fix bad Torque boxes???
6) Any other 1967 interesting facts I might want to know???

Thanks all for your help.

·
Registered
10,587 Posts
You need guidance, young Luke, that a mere answer on this forum cannot provide...*G*

I suggest purchasing a restoration guide...you can look here for a search engine to find what you need...

I talked to the owner of that links site in chat tonight and he said your best bet is a book...

If you have any specific questions as you move through your project please post...

Pat
http://www.jps.net/binay/webdocs/strtmstng002_sml.JPG

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1. Try the Mustang Recognition Guide, its a book that lists all the specific interior differences, or use the search feature here, someone just asked about it yesterday I believe.
2.Fog lamps, most Mustang Suppliers sell the conversion kits, most likely your best bet if you have nothing.
3.Top conversion-if you have all the parts it wouldn't be bad, switch, wiring(engine bay/and from switch to motor), hoses, and two cylinders.Some is available repo/aftermarket, but a good donor car would help alot, I think you could do it all without messing to much with current top.
4.The tach-that is the hardest and most exspensive, you can buy the repo underhood and underdash wiring harnesses, but you have to have an original instrument cluster with correct wiring, remember the whole housing is different, you can't just add the tach to a standard gauge cluster, and they didn't actually make alot of factory tachs for either 67 or 68
5.The Torque boxes-if you have a coupe/fastback in 67 you have only one to worry about, a convertible is double the fun.They are straightforward installing in coupes/fastbacks, convertibles require a little more grief and experience.

1967 S code GT Deluxe Coupe 65B
1966 Convertible 76B 289 4 speed
1964 Fairlane 500 2DR HT-the new project
1986 Jeep Cherokee 4X4 the "beater"
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1573428&a=11959254&p=43023698.jpg

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks a lot guys especially kbstang... keep any other info coming.... I'm in the progress of looking for a 1967 convertible to buy and I want to make it a nice restomod.... I want to replenish it with almost all stock parts other than a few safety features... sway bars etc... I have a 390ci engine I want to put in and I want a T-5 or Tremec engine.... For all of you to know, yes, I am a 16 year old... and I have loved mustangs for years.... I'm looking at one now but it needs work.... ie bad torque boxes and other things... I'm in an advanced autoshop class so I can do most of the work on my own... Shoreline, WA has on of the best in the nation. Thanks for the help guys and keep it coming.... also inform me if you ever see a good deal on a 1967 convertible... thanks.

Joe

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Hey check the links on my site and you can see what's involved when you do a restoration. May folks here have documented it in their websites. If you specific questions about what they have done just email them. Everyone here would be happy to help you out!

See my 69 convertible and the VMF parking lot at: http://www.geocities.com/Bishir1/FrontPage.html
http://www.jps.net/binay/webdocs/frontside_sig01.JPG

·
Registered
8,476 Posts
Obviously you have done some homework on the features you would like in your car. To retrofit the items in your list on a car that doesn't already have them would require a ton of cash... That and some luck as some of the parts are near impossible to find. My advice is to decide what your ideal car must have in the way of equipment and features and then try and find one already equipped that way. The deluxe interior alone could crush your restoration budget if you're starting from scratch. Be patient, you'll find the right car if you look long enough.

67 Vintage Burgandy 390GTA with most of the bells and whistles

1 - 6 of 6 Posts