Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Interesting, I received my registration from DMV yesterday for my 1967 Fastback. The bill had the option for paying for either one year or two years fees. In addition, it had No Emissions Required on the statement.

I do not know how they knew I had Collectors car insurance on the car. Last year I had to de-tune to pass emissions. I figured I would have to wait in line at DMV and provide Ins. statement to waive the emission test, but for once a goverment agency has done something right.

·
Administrator
19,530 Posts
The companies that provide collector's insurance have submitted all their records to the DMV to make the process easier. That happened back in late May. The new law went into effect May 1. The two-year renewal option has been available for at least 10 years. If you notice, it doesn't save you any money.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Laurie_S said:
The two-year renewal option has been available for at least 10 years. If you notice, it doesn't save you any money.
That's true Laurie, but I opted for the two year deal so I knew I'd be ok for at least two years in case they changed their mind on the deal. That emissions test was a nightmare for me. Heck, I'd do five if they offered it. ;)

·
Administrator
19,530 Posts
I did that on my fastback, too! I didn't bother on the coupe, because it can be tuned down to pass, if necessary.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
You know, you left the door open for me here, but the sad part is your Mach probably would pass the EMISSIONS test. It's the OPACITY test you'd have the problem with!

Maybe this year Santa will bring you some coal for your stocking. It looks like that's what you burn in your Mach! :roflao:

·
Registered
558 Posts
You're just jealous because I was able to retrofit a diesel into my Mach. That's why I have so much torque, not to mention the mileage I get.

Oh, did I mention it's a BIG BLOCK diesel?? :thumbup: :roflao:

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Ok big block; whatever.

Hey, what's up with that little bitty car in your sig? Is that a Matchbox or Hot Wheel car?

·
Registered
558 Posts
lol - the Ford Nazi's couldn't stand seeing my beautiful Chevy, so they shrunk it. Very sad that they are so petty!!

I know you are jealous too, so don't act like you are innocent. You probably put them up to it!! :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts