Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37,821 Posts
Never heard of them until now. Guessing their core business is industrial temperature and other gauges and moved to automotive. I like their '60's Muscle 270* sweep stepper motor gauges... not cheap though but the stepper is the way to go nowadays.

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
I have never heard of them, but certainly priced right for what you get. Hope that does not mean cheap. I have always gone with Autometers but your won’t get a set for that price. If you pick them up let us know what you think of them.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
The member here, Hyepo 66, I think, who makes a nice 6 dial cluster, uses Marshall with his packages. Useta use Speedhut gauges.
Marshall doesn't seem to have anything other than a 10K tach. I'd rather have the definition of a 6K.
I'll use Speedhut when I get to the dash.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I use Marshal liquid filled fuel pressure gauges on my EFI system on one of my other classics....nice gauges.

I have their 0-15 psi gauge on my return line, and their 10-100 psi gauge on my inlet line.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I also got one of the small fuel pressure gauges on my EFI. Have been working perfect. Back when buying, I remember there were gauges lookng the same just with another brand on it. Meaning that Marshall probably buy from outside manufactors and just get there own brand on the instruments.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
I have a set of Marshal Bluelines...love them, Full sweep, LED lighting and stepper motor movement...they are great...far better than your average Autometer

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I like the look, but there aren't many 6 gauge sets out there with a 4-5" speedo/tach. Lots with a 3 3/8" combo, but I don't think that would look right in the stock bezel at all, I know I will have to modify it for the bigger gauges anyway, but the smaller ones wouldn't look good I don't believe.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
I like the look, but there aren't many 6 gauge sets out there with a 4-5" speedo/tach. Lots with a 3 3/8" combo, but I don't think that would look right in the stock bezel at all, I know I will have to modify it for the bigger gauges anyway, but the smaller ones wouldn't look good I don't believe.
True...in a 67-68 they wouldn't look right...but they work well in the smaller 65-66 bezel. Marshall does sell Comp II LED gauges in a 5" Speedo and Tach though, too bad the rest of that series aren't full sweep like the Bluelines

·
Registered
217 Posts
I've done speedhut on two vehicles now. absolutely recommend them! Made in the US and great to deal with. Quality is top notch...no complaints whatsoever. tach and speedo available in 3 3/8".

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I almost bought some of those for my 67. But with a little searching I pieced together a full set of Autometer Phantom gauges for the same price.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have a set of "60's Muscle" Marshall gauges on my 66. Very nice. The installation is straightforward but somewhat complex with a lot of wires behind the gauges to manage.

·
Premium Member
7,503 Posts
I'm running one of their liquid filled fuel pressure gauges. Seems nice enough and works as it should.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts