Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First thanks for this site, I bought my 68gt390fastback two years ago here. I have just received an elite marti report and my car is a one of one. What do you guys think this does for the value so I can fix my Haggerty insurance. Thanks in advance Kevin

·
Registered
966 Posts
Describe one of one for your car. What makes it one of one on the report?

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Being one of one based on that won't add any additional value. My Grande is a one of one (only Lime Gold 428 Grande with black interior), but it's value lies in being a Cobra Jet.

·
Registered
5,674 Posts
IMO the AM/FM and convenience group makes it worth more, have you seen how much just the bits go for? And AM/FM was quite unusual too, both very rare options, ~1% IIRC.... So the 1 of 1 isn't as much of an issue as why, and I'd say if you still have those two intact it sounds like a keeper to me!

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
The value is in how the vehicle was equipped, not that it is a one of one.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
the one of one for your car to me is more of a cool factor. personally I would pay a little extra for a cool factor on a car like that, maybe 10%.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I should have stated all the options to get a real idea of what you guys think about the one of one thing. 68gt3904v, 4spd, convenience, louvered hood, fold down seat, console, am-fm, tinted glass, deluxe belts, pres blue color

G

·
0 Posts
I call these the "feel good" stats from the elite report. It's kinda neat, but usually not relevant in the big picture. I'm sure there were many more '68 GT390 fastbacks similarly equipped in different colors.

·
Registered
776 Posts
The "Marti" report only confirms that you have a nicely optioned car in a great color. Bear in mind, there are not a lot of these cars around (optioned out this way). Great Car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
It is almost laugable how some "one of one" cars are defined. (no personal slight intended) There are many cars that were actually one of one. Example: 1971 AMC Gremlin X with Levi interior and cruise control. One of one yes, but nothing more than a automotive footnote. With most cars, the "one of one" significance drops off the charts after bopdy style, engine and trans combos are considered.

·
Registered
46 Posts
YES, THOSE REPORTS ARE INTRESTING SIDE BARS BUT,in most cases thats about it. My report shows mine was a 1 off, being Grabber lime with a Green MACH1 interior and fold down
trap door being the big items. Came down to the AM radio to make it a one off.What was more exciting was that I found the car was sent to Champaign Ill. in late 1970. I was stationed in that area and my wife was from Champaign, so I most likely saw that car at some point at that time in town. Probably noted the loud color too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts