Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm reading the label and it states that 4 ounces per 10 gallons of gas--OK I understand that part--Then it goes on te state 1 Qt added to crankcase oils--Should I do both,neither or one or the other--Are there dangers to using it both in the engine oil and gas?--Stock 351c--TIA

·
Banned
3,730 Posts
I would only use it for the fuel only!!!!!!!! There are much better products out there (CD2) that are better formulated for the oil.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Don't know about the dangers, but I know that half a bottle did a damn nice job clearing up some stuck lifters in my 289.

·
Registered
912 Posts
As NKau said, I added half a bottle to my engine last time I changed the oil. I was having a problem with an intermittant rocker arm tapping (probably a sticky lifter) that has cleared up completley since using the Mystery Oil. There probably are better products out there for this, but it worked well for me. I didn't use it in the fuel though so I can't help you there.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I've been using it for 25 years.It's safe to use in the oil and gas at the same time.I've never found anything better to free up a sticking valve,lifters or oil rings.I also use it in the hydraulic systems in the tow trucks,it makes the hydraulics run much smoother in cold weather.A quart in a full tank of gas and a quart in the engine will be no problem...

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Old timers here put it in the fuel of their airplanes that use radial engines. I was told by a retired GM mechanic that a quart of regular old auto trans fluid (Type F/Dexron) will do the same trick of cleaning out sticky lifters. Cheaper too.

·
Banned
3,730 Posts
I should clarify...if you have stuck lifters, etc it is perfectly appropriate to use in the oil. But for preventative use, there are other products (CD2) that use much milder chemicals that eliminate acids etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts