Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
From my past experience, I will not do business with him ever again. And I've heard very bad stories. If you prefer details, PM me and I'll share.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I wasn't going to openly flame Dale, but if you are considering doing business with him, I would strongly recommend NOT TO! I have a reliable source he used to sell bogus 289 hipo motors in Hemmings years ago. Personally, he took in a car of mine and estimated 6 weeks for a quality bodywork & paint job... took 6 months, and was CRAP!
He refused to rebate or redo... claimed he even spent 8 solid hours sandblasting the bed of the Ranchero, but it was obvious in the daylight he painted right over flaked paint and rust. In the middle of that fiasco, he took in my '67 fastback to install a NOS radiator support I had privately purchased, and when I got it back, it was 3/4" out of line, and the fender wouldn't even slide back on for reassembly. When I complained, he promised to come get it (10 miles away)... then after repeated compliants due to his delay, he promised a partial refund.... then after another long delay, he refused to do anything about it, and it cost be $200 more to have it properly repaired elsewhere. You should see his shop on Interstate 30, just outside Little Rock. Junk cars crammed into a tiny lot, a few shiny complete cars scattered admist the junkers. Very dirty, messy, and pathetic. My opinion... avoid him at all costs.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Go to www.Mashburnmustang.com if you want to see what kind of work he does ! I foolishly paid him upfront money and he kept my car over 4 years and only partially installed a gas tank. Which he didn't even bother to put the cap or neck back on so that it could rain and ruin the gas tank. (Pictures available online on the second tab ) Car was left out in the weather for 4 years and when I did finally pick it up it was missing many parts ! Said he had over $1,700 in the gas tank ! Yes the same ones you order online for $225.00 !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.