Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the grand total is....(drum roll)...$2168.00 and that's just for the sheet metal and a quick steering kit. WOW! Now I just need to get a welder and have at it. Hopefully I can get it done before the move. I just wanted to tell you guys how easy it was to order online. I'll let you know how it worked when i get the order.

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
With all the Mustang shops in Virginia, I can not imagine why you would mail order sheet metal from another state, especially Mustangs Unlimited. Sheet metal is something you have to inspect first hand, and it is not something you want to ship back.

Combine this with MU's track record for sheet metal and all I can say is good luck! I hope it works out for you, but I am pretty negative on MU's ability to deliver quality products in person (in the showroom), let alone through shipping.

[email protected]
1967 351W Convertible
2000 Mustang GT

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Here's a good one for you Charles. In Alabama, we now have to claim the amount of out of state purchases on our state income tax returns, so that we can pay the Alabama tax. They want to get every dime they can get but we have to wait until after the 16th of April to get our refunds. Ain't that great!!!

Josh
64 1/2 Coupe

jpony645 on Yahoo IM
MKSU1DR on AOL IM
http://jpony645.tripod.com/left_frt_small.jpg

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
That law is in effect for every state I believe. You are supposed to report all purchases and pay state sales tax on them... hehehe

-------------------------------------------------

6% of $2500 is $150
I'm guessing that's the cost of frieght and you don't even get to look at the panels first... I'm sticking by my theory /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

[email protected]
1967 351W Convertible
2000 Mustang GT

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i have never heard of it in my state.

i agree that a big order with body panels would be expensive, but if you order like an interior kit or chrome bits and pieces where the shipping is not very expensive it is best to order out of state. at least i would.

Charles Turner
MCA Gold Card Judge(64.5-65, 66)
'65 Fastback
'00 GT Conv, triple black

Check out my 65 [color:blue]fastback!</font color=blue>

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do we have that law in Ct.? I've never heard of it?

Was Bob Emmerich on old forum

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
Conn, has that law too. It's one of those regulations you can 'overlook' ... kind of like stock option buy in price /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Charles I agree with you on mail order of basically every part, just the sheet metal I think you should buy in person... and maybe the fiberglass.

[email protected]
1967 351W Convertible
2000 Mustang GT

1 - 10 of 10 Posts