Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have bought CSRP Front disc brake conversion kit without booster, since I bought rebuilded OEM Middland booster. I screwed it via firewall to brake pedal assembly, but I can't fit on correct place dual master cylinder.
It stacked on left or up position due to tower :confused:.

Is it any trick to fit it OR should I grid it (which I want to avoid) ?

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Please review 289vert comments. This is the way it ways Especially with the Bendix units. Yes you have a Midland Booster, but fit is still same.
The booster has to be tilted toward engine, then slide master on.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you guys, your suggestion was brilliant. I have loosen screws moved booster and attached master cylinder :).
Problem is that during my fight with attaching MC push rod moved from their position when it was blocked by plastic protector, so now I can easily pull it from booster. Then inside I see some (rubber) washer which has sun shape, it is also freely moving. Do I need to put push rod on it, or press it backwards ?

Similar problem I have with back push rod. When I got Midland booster it was delivered seperatly. When I attached to the pedal I press it inside the booster. In the begging I could moved pedal up with push rod, but after few press it stack, so I hope it is good result ?? Also now (without fluid, vacuum, etc) I can fell big runout, then when I press it more I can hear air going out via vacuum pipe (not connected) - is it ok ?

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
The sun shaped piece is the flexible (I call diaphragm) that the front push rod sets against. It should be stable, held in place by the front bellows. It sets under them. Push rod can easily be pulled in and out, NOT the diaphragm.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The sun shaped piece is the flexible (I call diaphragm) that the front push rod sets against. It should be stable, held in place by the front bellows. It sets under them. Push rod can easily be pulled in and out, NOT the diaphragm.
OK thanks a lot !

This YT tells how to do this:

Do you know what about push rod from back, which is connected to pedal. Should it go in and out ?
As I wrote after first push it locked, so I believe it is ok.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
The rear push rod should have a plastic clip on the end. When it is pushed in the rear of booster, it should stick, not come out.
Sounds like this is the case now?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The rear push rod should have a plastic clip on the end. When it is pushed in the rear of booster, it should stick, not come out.
Sounds like this is the case now?
Yes !! Now it is quite big free movement (runout) when I try to push brake pedal, but I hope it is normal, as it is still not connected ?
Also do you know if this OEM set allow to set pedal high ? Those aftermarket back push rods has adjustment, but here it is straight piece of metal ?

Thanks a lot !!

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
You can not use any other push rod on a Midland booster. If rear push rod is not clipped in, That is not good.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts