Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a nos 67 master cylinder for drum brakes from an user. It got here and it has a mostly flat cover with a bolt in the middle to hold the cover on. The one I have now has a dual dome top with a spring, like normal. What is the master cylinder off of?

·
Registered
7,948 Posts
I just bought a 68 MC (the parts book said it was the same unit as the 67), it has a dual dome cover with both domes the same size (drum). The disk drum ones have two domes of unequal size. Sorry but I have no idea what the one you describe is off of. Never heard of one like that. I'm curious though, is the bolt pattern by the firewal exactly the same as what came off?

John Harvey

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
my '68 coupe (drums around) has 2 bulb? cover with slanted faces pointing towards each other and held with heavy wire type clip that slides over 2 bulbs to hold in place. PM me for additional questions/detail.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't tried to actually install it yet. Mine is good and I want to find out what the heck this one is. I got it from an auction as a 67. The cover has only one short, flat dome with a bolt in the center, a 7/16 size wrench. It does look new. Actually, my old 68 had the normal type also. This thing must be off a Ford galaxy or something. Thanks for the replies.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts