Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, as anyone who has a the original master cylinder for a non-power 66 drum car can tell you, it is scary to rely on that thing. I am ready to replace it for a dual bowl model. Should I wait till I do the Granada swap? Can I use that one? I've heard there are some that swap out without modification, which is ideal. Any recommendations?
Thanks in advance.

1966 C-Code Convertible, 59 Edsel Villager
Charlotte, NC
New Cars Have No Soul.

313 Posts
A dual MC is a cheap investment for the peace of mind it adds. Get a MC for a 67 with standard drum brakes and use the rod from your old MC. Adapt the lines, bleed the system, and you're done.

You should be able to get a rebuilt unit, even without having a core to trade in, for less than $25.

Dave J

My wife says if I buy another Mustang, she's gonna divorce me. I'm sure gonna miss her....
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.