Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a dual master cylinder i can use for a 65 with 4 wheel drum brakes?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Simple conversion even if you have power drum brakes.. Just did my 66. Get a master cylinder for a 67-73, minor plumbing changes but the new master will not clear the shock tower if you have power brakes. NPD has a replacement booster if you have power for 249.00. Fits like a dream and looks stock.. A MCA judge will dock you for it but the safety factor outweighs points for me - I take my 2 year old son with me all the time and his safety out weighs any car show points!!!! Know what I mean?

1966 Candyapple red - A code ragtop

·
Registered
237 Posts
Simple conversion even if you have power drum brakes.. Just did my 66. Get a master cylinder for a 67-73, minor plumbing changes but the new master will not clear the shock tower if you have power brakes. NPD has a replacement booster if you have power for 249.00. Fits like a dream and looks stock.. A MCA judge will dock you for it but the safety factor outweighs points for me - I take my 2 year old son with me all the time and his safety is worth more to me than any car show points!!!! Know what I mean?

1966 Candyapple red - A code ragtop

1 - 4 of 4 Posts