Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to purchase the Master REbuild Kit from American pony..I am going to do a shelby drop as well. I am wondering what diameter sway bar I need to tell the to include in the kit??? Do I need to buy the kit w/ saddle pads or without???
Also I will be buying shocks and springs as well any recommendations on these????

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Please tell us more about the intended driving. Daily driver, weekend stripper, corner carver, just a Mustang to show around?

I like corner carvers and I am willing to sacrifice a little comfort as a wannabe racer. You can view my set up from my bio.

I think following would be nice handling but not too stiff:

480lbs (GT) coil springs
standard or hi-perf 4 leaf springs with rubber front bushing and maybe Midolyne shackles.

1" front bar and 3/4" or 5/8" rear bar (the latter if you are very afraid of oversteer)

Has anyone ever heard any complaint about Konis as shocks except the price? Edelbrock IAS are relatively newcomers, but interesting. Kyb Gas-A-Justs are stiff and not adjustable, although the name fools some to think so and some say Kyb GR-2 are too soft. If you like dragging, you might consider Gas-A-Justs rear and GR-2 front.

The sway bar bushings could be Midolyne but other bushings (with the possible exception of shackle bushings) should be rubber if you appreciate comfort.

Are your saddle seats or mount pads worn, if they are, replace them.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
If you are replacing every thing else get the saddle springs for sure!They wear alot, !My .02! FastE

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
Don't get Midolyne bushings for the stabilizer bar links and strut rod bushings. They are too stiff and will disintegrate in short order. See my previous posts on this subject. I ended up using Moog rubber bushings (although polyurethane for the stabilizer bar is OK).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts