Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on putting in a new headliner and getting Diane's seats reupholsterd this winter and while she's bare inside I'm going to put in some sound deadening insulation. Not going with Dynamat ( I'm a cheapskate) but with a similar aluminized product. My question is : will approximately 50 square feet be enough for the roof, floor, and trunk?

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
50 sf sounds like a lot. I have yet to install my Dynamat, but when I do it will go on the floor. I rather embrace the noise of these old cars. Take out too much road noise and you will be left with all the rattles. :)

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
sounds like enough, but cant you just measure it and add 10% for trimming

·
Registered
546 Posts
I just did the interior of my 66 coupe with Noico 80 mil sound deadener. I did 100 percent coverage of the floors, firewall, under seats and a few small pieces behind the kick panels and used 45 sq. feet.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just did the interior of my 66 coupe with Noico 80 mil sound deadener. I did 100 percent coverage of the floors, firewall, under seats and a few small pieces behind the kick panels and used 45 sq. feet.
Thanks, that sounds about right. I'm going with Carinsulation. Com, 1/4" thick, foil both sides. It looks like good stuff. As I said, I'm too cheap to spring for Dynamat. The money saved can be used for other stuff.

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts