I've been meaning to start a build thread here for a while now, but never got around to it.
First the backstory:
I've got a 66 coupe that I've had since I was 15. My dad was driving and saw it sitting in a field, found out who the owner was and picked it up for $1500 in the late 90's. It was a factory C code with a/c, p/s, and C-4. The compressor was long gone by the time I got the car, but the under dash unit was in the trunk. The engine had been replaced by a reman 302 at some point, and it had several layers of paint under the faded cracking red.
The day we got it
It didn't take much to get the engine running, just a points file, plugs, and and some carb cleaning. I redid the interior, “patched” the floor pans, tried my hand at bodywork, and my Dad painted it. It was a 50 footer, but it ran good, turned heads and I drove it like that for a few years. Then my lack of body experience started showing through, and the oil pump picked up a piece of valve stem seal and locked the oil pump up tight. I replaced the oil pump, cleaned out the pan, and drove it a little more before it happened again.
It sat for a while and then I decided to drop in a carbed roller 5.0 and T5. I did a front granada disc brake conversion and installed a 3.80 trak-lock center section. Also converted the car the manual steering after lots of trouble with the control valve and wanting better steering feel. Over the years I added headlight relays, 96 GT leather seats, and Duraspark ignition along with a 4-barrel carb and intake to replace the autolite 2100. We then resprayed the car again, addressing some of the body work, but not like we should have. Again I drove the car for a few years before some rust started bubbling up. The car needed body work, floor pans, front suspension and several small things, so it sat on the back burner while I focused on family, other hobbies, and other cars.