Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a (used) flowmaster exhaust system for my convertible. At least it will be more than the two cherry bombs that I have attached to the long tube headers.

I really need to get back on the wagon.

On the near term list:

+ hang the exhaust
+ get new door latches
+ get an alignment
+ save more for paint :)

·
Premium Member
3,637 Posts
At least you're doing something.......

Me, I haven't been on VMF for ever, haven't had the FB out since July :eek:(

Now to disappear for another 6 mos. LOL

·
Premium Member
3,825 Posts
That's not too long of a list and the first three things should be easily accomplished in a short time frame. When I rebuilt the engine in my convertible I switched to dual exhuast. We hung the exhaust in an afternoon.

Good to see ya back, Ken. How's things?

·
Premium Member
3,637 Posts
Pizza business is pretty damn slow this time of year, so I'm just trying to hold out.

On the upside; I managed to get the FB out this past WE for a drive in the sun and I taking a b-trip to Vegas on Monday for a trade show :eek:)

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
I am having my exhaust guy take OFF my flowmaster exhaust tomorrow. I decided to give Magnaflows a try and hopefully get rid of the dreaded Flowmaster droan.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I got a deal that I could not pass up. I got a set of flowmaster 40s with 2.5" pipes for about $150. The 2.5" pipes won't fit under the connector plate on my convertible. But, I'm learning a bunch while I'm hanging them myself and trying not to cut my fingers too much ;-)

Since my car was only single exhaust before, I drilled the holes inthe back seat area and put in the hangers. I have the tailpipes that go under the rear valance. I'm not doing any welding, I'm just securing it until I get it welded together.

If the flowmasters are too loud, at least the exhaust will be good enough to drive to get an alignment and the other stuff on my list.

A couple more things on the list:
+ have Drivelines NW rebuild my driveline just to be sure.
+ get a new chrome transmission pan and gasket, mine is leaking.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I just gave away two sets of the Flowmaster 40's. One set was on my coupe and the other set came with my Mach 1 project. I kept the mufflers when I sold the Mach 1.

I had the Flowmaster 40's on mine and no matter how much I love the sound of the car from OUTSIDE of the car, the INSIDE drone was a bit much.

I had a shop install the Magnaflow kit that everyone buys and I like it a lot better while inside the car, but I'm really not a fan of the way it sounds outside. It would probably sound better if my engine was bigger...

I also got one of the transmission pans with the drain plug so it wouldn't be so messy when I change my filter. Might not be a bad idea to consider...

·
Registered
174 Posts
I just bought a (used) flowmaster exhaust system for my convertible. At least it will be more than the two cherry bombs that I have attached to the long tube headers.

I really need to get back on the wagon.

On the near term list:

+ hang the exhaust
+ get new door latches
+ get an alignment
+ save more for paint :)
Sounds like you are headed in the right direction.. and I like you car.. always loved verts.. cruise the freeways with the wind blowing my hair.. usually right into my eyes lol.. so always had to tie it back in order to drive.. lol.. :grin:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts