Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's in the shade of yellow, but what would come close to it in a spray can that you get at any good auto part store...Does dupli color makes anything close...
Thanks

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Peter is correct it should be black. It can also be natural if you want some contrast. I think some of the aftermarket ones come in a gold tint.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Nelson, is also correct, it is common to see the service replacement M/c covers in either gold or silver. The one I brought NOS ws silver just for reference? The production line covers were black! This should be alot easier than trying t match the correct Gold or Sliver zinc look?

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
POP428 said:
Nelson, is also correct, it is common to see the service replacement M/c covers in either gold or silver. The one I brought NOS ws silver just for reference? The production line covers were black! This should be alot easier than trying t match the correct Gold or Sliver zinc look?
That's the silver zink look i was talking about...So you think i should go with the semi gloss black finish...
Thanks

·
Registered
73 Posts
HEY
Oh man and you were bugging me for being so anal about my car with the over sprays etc.Not as anal as you thought i'm using the gold plated to ad some contrast.Your signature pic looks awesome.Send me that email about the rechromer.Maybe we'll catch you at Rpm,car is getting painted today yahoo.---MOE

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Moe, what the H&?%, didn't know you hung around here....sent you the link to the rechromer...you didn't get it ....sent it the same day you asked me...thanks for the kinf words !!!!
Dan
P.S can't wait to see that nice Champagne gold '69 'Stang....What a georgous color... :p

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1 - 9 of 9 Posts