Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not that i care anymore but if MCA is not to issue my membership card after 4 months plus after receiving payment and cashing it do you guys think i should ask for a refund?

All i wanted was their stupid magazine. now i could not care less

Dan

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Ya might check to see if its lost in the mail. If you are getting the magazines then don't worry too much about a card. I belong to about 7 different organizations and never carry their card, in fact I probably couldn't find them if I had to...

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi
I must have expressed myself wrong....i am not getting anything neither magazine or card i GOT NOTHING from them
in that many months!

Daniel

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Then I agree, its time to pitch a fit...

·
Registered
6,031 Posts
Again another glowing reason not to bother with such bloated bureacracy (hell if I know if that is spelled right)!

Still waiting for a good reason to bother...

·
Administrator
19,497 Posts
Daniel, you never responded to me when I asked if you had received your materials. Since you didn't, I assumed that you had received your package.

I've been trying to find out what has happened and have contacted Bill Johnson, who contacted the Atlanta office. I will contact him again for you. Please understand that the current office manager is retiring and also has been on vacation for most of this month. I agree that four months is ridiculous, but there is much going on behind the scenes at MCA that I can't tell VMF about at this time. It is an organization that is undergoing many changes, and things are going to get overlooked.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry Laurie

I beg to differ...i did reply to you them and made it clear that i had recieved nothing when you inquired and you replied as you do now then.that you would look into it and never heard further from you.
Not that I make you responsibe at all... but please be careful how far you stick your neck out for them

Dan

·
Administrator
19,497 Posts
I have passed your message on to Bill again, and as soon as I hear something I will let you know.

I may not be directly responsible for handling membership, but as an elected member of the board of directors, I am responsible for shortcomings within the organization as much as any other officer or director. I don't mind griping about problems, in fact, I'm specializing in that. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif And I sure don't mind sticking my neck out....if I did, I wouldn't have run for the office. Please let me know if you receive anything this time, I know Bill will be really ticked about this happening to you. Actually, he was already unhappy about it a couple of weeks ago when I told him. Hang in there, it will get taken care of--one way or another.

·
Registered
6,031 Posts
It's a secret government agency that monitors and polices the restoration of Classic Mustangs on planet Earth. Anonimity is its name... silence its native tongue. It is no longer part of "the system." It's above the system. Over it. Beyond it...... Hell I don't know!

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Unless you are skilled in witchcraft I would suggest you stay away Bob!!!!!!

G

·
0 Posts
Oops... you "could care less"? I think you couldn't care less. I waited a month for my first, paid for 2 years this spring & still no card... thinking about dropping out & going into hiding.

·
Registered
938 Posts
This MCA club...seems to me I remember a big stink a while back and some "big Wheel" suddenly got on and posted some info, so much so he probably got a title advance in one night. Haven't seen a word from him since and if it wasn't for "Laurie" covering MCA's butt when there is an opinion voiced here it seems pretty plain it's a group to stay away from and definitely not send any money to.....at least until they make some effort directed towards this site that they are something other than a group that takes your money and doesn't have enough general sense to account to whom they got it from....

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
MCA is a big media conglomerate. They're big in television too.

Steve

·
Administrator
19,497 Posts
Same problem for you, too? I'll pass the info along to Bill. This is really stupid as there are a number of us who are working very hard to increase membership for MCA, and then the ball is dropped in this manner by the office. It's extremely frustrating and embarrassing, to say the least.

The MCA office will be changing as of October 1st and there will be downtime while the change is made. I'm cringing already.....

G

·
0 Posts
All honesty here, did you mention that you called to check up on your application and did it reach the main office? US mail sometimes has let me down and I would try to call after the first month..

2 cents

1 - 17 of 17 Posts