Vintage Mustang Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
6,505 Posts
You could swing thru Annapolis and we could caravan on down! I wonder if kenash is going?
KenAsh is still thinking on it. I did the Last Grand National our Club hosted (Sept. 2011), just not sure yet. It's a ton of prep to mount a serious challenge. If it works out, we'll take the RV.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,505 Posts
Was just looking over the costs associated with this Grand National. Unless I read rules incorrectly, because I'm considered "modified" it will cost me $350 to register. Assuming, due to my list of Mods, I have to register as Modified, as I was classified in 2011.
They do show a listing for "Modified" under the "Judged" entry.
What's the difference? This is $75.

Need re-enlist my MCA membership. $25
Judged Entry .....................................$75
Extreme Modified Division ..............................$250
(What ever this is?)

As mentioned, I've already checked "Attended a Grand National" off my bucket list.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Was just looking over the costs associated with this Grand National. Unless I read rules incorrectly, because I'm considered "modified" it will cost me $350 to register. Assuming, due to my list of Mods, I have to register as Modified, as I was classified in 2011.
They do show a listing for "Modified" under the "Judged" entry.
What's the difference? This is $75.

Need re-enlist my MCA membership. $25
Judged Entry .....................................$75
Extreme Modified Division ..............................$250
(What ever this is?)

As mentioned, I've already checked "Attended a Grand National" off my bucket list.
Again, the 3 local hotels are sold out.

Inside spaces are sold out.

Existing membership ($0)
Judged Entry ($75)
Friday Night Social ($25)
Saturday Night buffet dinner ($70)

Payment Total:$95.00

Where are the rules for the entry classes? There is a modified in the $75 judged section, but not sure what might push it to the Extreme category?

I'm not sure if this one will work out for me, but either way, I am planning on going to the one here in Melbourne FL next year.

·
Registered
6,505 Posts
After submitting my post above, I fired off an email to the G/N contact email address regarding the "Extreme Modified". This morning I received the following courteous response:
"Hi
Modified extreme cars are cars that are wild and have extreme modifications ..cars must have at least 2 major modifications in each of the 5 areas. This would include custom fabrication, disassembly, extensive cutting or welding.
Cars will be judged on the lift. I hope this helps
Thanks
Amy
Show registrar"

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
After submitting my post above, I fired off an email to the G/N contact email address regarding the "Extreme Modified". This morning I received the following courteous response:
"Hi
Modified extreme cars are cars that are wild and have extreme modifications ..cars must have at least 2 major modifications in each of the 5 areas. This would include custom fabrication, disassembly, extensive cutting or welding.
Cars will be judged on the lift. I hope this helps
Thanks
Amy
Show registrar"
No worries for me then. Normal registration with modified option. Modified carb, A/C compressor and headers. Least I hope that is all they see.

·
Registered
6,505 Posts
No worries for me then. Normal registration with modified option. Modified carb, A/C compressor and headers. Least I hope that is all they see.
Based on my experience, your entry in the modified division, you are asked to list "all" of your mods. In 2011, I submitted 3 Page brochure of all of my mods. Noted below. The difference these days, are my WEBER carbs.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,505 Posts
I took the spring washer out of the Low/Reverse clutch pack and installed an extra friction and steel. I replaced the Forward band accumulator with a B&M version. I have a gear drive instead of chain, and a Comp Cams cam and lifters.

>:)
Shhhh!

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
If anyone has access to make them, a vinyl decal with a VMF logo and maybe even personalized with the VMFr name, could be printed and we could put em on our cars (I don't like stickers on my cars) or make them static cling decals, or even stick em on a small piece of plexiglass to place in the front dash / window for VMF recognition. Other forums I belong to send me a pair of decals every year.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Ok, I joined MCA while up at Carlisle ford nationals (got 2nd for 66 modified!!!) I would like to go to this show entering the 75.00 judged category vs the 40.00 participant category, and was unclear if I had to arrive Friday, or could get there early Saturday morning... any of you grizzled MCA vets know?? I am not expecting to "win" anything, just have a good time with fellow classic mustangers, I just want to watch them fidget and fuss over my stamped vins vs the door tag on my car.
20190602_110607[1].jpg

·
Registered
6,505 Posts
So guys, where are the veteran Grand National show attendees we haven't heard from?
Be good to hear your "first hand" experiences too.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
I am going to take a pass on this one. With the way my car keeps wanting more work and this show ending 1 day before Mustang Week I am currently not confident my car would survive both shows. I have already signed up for MW and paid for my lodging at that event.

And, I have never had any of my Mustangs in an MCA National show, so I am of no help in that area.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts