Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,438 Posts
I learned "Geicoman" is going. Will be arriving early Saturday morning.
Is "VMF" an entity beyond its members?

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I learned "Geicoman" is going. Will be arriving early Saturday morning.
Is "VMF" an entity beyond its members?
Nope, just wondering if there was a table/tent...I'm going Saturday morning as well...leaving from Southern Maryland

·
Registered
Current cars include 1969 Mach 1 and 1970 Cougar XR7 convertible
8,638 Posts
The corporate overlords that own this place seem to exist primarily in the background. I am not sure they even sell VMF swag anymore. Unless you are personally going to seek permission to represent the VMF at this event, I would be surprised to see an official VMF presence. At the same time, i have no special knowledge of these things so I suggest you check with the Moderators for more information.

Notwithstanding the absence of an "official" booth, hooking up with fellow VMF'ers would be enhanced with the sharing of cellphone numbers among the known group, and using the forum to publicize the gathering by putting out a specific agreed time and place at or near the event to meet (photo-op/meal/etc) would likely enhance attendance.

At Knott's (Fabulous Fords Forever) in years past, the group photo shoot on the lawn near the "Featured Marque" display at Noon seemed to work reliably though not flawlessly! While 20+ VMF'ers typically showed up, some schedule challenged folks still missed the photo op.

In any event, have a good time and take some photos to share with the rest of us.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I live only 25 miles from there and planned to go. The boss just told me we're going out of town for the weekend. I don't think we're leaving until Saturday so I may sneak down to check out the vendors on Friday. Maybe I can talk her into stopping at the car show on the way out of town on Saturday:shrug:

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
I will be leaving Saturday morning as well! The car is basically cleaned up and ready to go. I will be out of the house by 5:30 am...not sure if i want to go thru deer ally (301 south) or just 50 to 495 to 95 south. I view deer as big rodents and that is perfect deer hunting time....Does anyone know where on the MCA website I can find a form to fill out listing all the modifications for my driver restomod class? Or did I misunderstand the guy and I should just list them on a few sheets of paper? First year of joining MCA, and first MCA show...very excited to be going to hang out with my people versus the usual car shows.

·
Hi, how ya doin
2,488 Posts
WOW!! Thanks for sharing the pics for those of us who did not get to go.

Reactions: Grabber70Mach

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
WOW!!!!!!!!!! I found the list I was looking for in the judging section. The earlier I get out of Annapolis, the earlier I can get down there.....pumped! thank for the photos!!!l

·
Premium Member
7,438 Posts
I arrived in Fredericksburg a little while ago and will be at the show tomorrow with Sally.

Gary
Might post your location in the field for the other VMF’ers to locate you. I know of two headed there, but, until Saturday morning.

·
Premium Member
7,438 Posts
Looks like some pretty stiff competition for youse modified guys. The cars look so amazing, I'm thinking of a family "roadie" tomorrow (Saturday)?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts