Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is no stopping some one from starting a different organization. MCA has been the authority solely because it is the only game in town. The way the VMF members seem to be growing close together here might indicate a vintage mustang club might just be the ticket. Just some food for thought.
PS. Bet the regiional MCA meetings don't have burnouts like the cornfeed....

·
Registered
680 Posts
Ray : Sounds like a good idea to me....

·
Administrator
19,444 Posts
That's always in the back of our minds. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Wait until my fastback gets finished, then you'll see burnouts at MCA regional shows!

G

·
0 Posts
The only problem I see is that the V would stand for Virtual as well as Vintage.

It would be geographically challenging. Of course, everyone needs a challenge.

Of the 5000 or so registered people on this site, how many would be considered "active". Maybe Bob can help us here? Can we gather critical mass?

G

·
0 Posts
Not being a fan of the MCA I am all for it.They did it with the Shelby Club, why not here?
I say go for it

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would recommend someplace central in the country if something could actually be started. I am not familiar with starting a corporation but would support an effort to do so. The club could have regional clubs just like the MCA but each club would have a vote in policy or by-law changes. This way all the people would have a say in what the organization would be like.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Thats not a bad Idea. But Bob would be the final say on anything that happens with the VMF. If you can sell him on it then I would say you could look into it. But untill then.

G

·
0 Posts
Heck, I've already taken to writing "VMF" under the "Club Affiliation" line on car show entry forms. Now all I need is a VMF pennant to stick on the antenna, and I'm set.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
VMCA ?? Isn't that what VMF is ??

Daily gatherings passing along restoration, modification and concours info.

Social gatherings all across the country. Trophies (doofus), awards, contests (burnouts). Nightly & daily chat sessions about cars, engines our daily lives and even peppermint ice cream !! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

Sounds to me we've got the best of MCA without the political BS /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The fact is that there are people on this site that have concourse trailered, concourse driven, resto-mods and decent restorations that are not concourse. The cornfeed is a great social gathering that I wouldn't miss for the world if I can avoid it. The concourse rules would have to be drafted by a new organization to their taste. Everyone should be able to come to a function and if they desire be able to be judged in a car class that they can fit into. There should be a national headquarters for the purpose of maintaining some kind of leadership and authority. There should be local clubs that would have a right to submit their ideas to a regional director or committee. This committee could collect and distribute the local ideas and suggestions back to all the local clubs for discussion and be voted on locally. That vote would be a binding vote for the region to submit the proposals to the national level. At the national level the all regional representatives should discuss and vote on these proposals and either reject or make them part of the bylaws. This would give the local clubs a voice in how things are operated. As far as Bob being involved he appears to be quite busy in his own endevors and would not necessarily need to be a part of the organization although he would be a huge asset.
I am not talking about the Vintage Mustang Forum Mustang club of America, I am thinking of a new organization that would stand on its own....

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
Sounds like the seeds of another well meaning group that will fall into the hands of a corrupt few who will manipulate it for their own benifit.....
sound like any organization you know?

Leave the VMF alone....it's perfect as it sits....

·
Registered
657 Posts
Got nothing to lose and a lot to gain I think. Be nice to not have an agenda other than fun and fellowship.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Read my other posts, I am not talking about the VMF, I am talking about another national Mustang organization. The VMF isn't broken and doesn't need fixed. It appears the MCA is and if it can't correct itself then it should be replaced...

·
Premium Member
7,773 Posts
Just so everyone is clear:

The beauty of VMF as an organization is that there IS no organization. Let's keep it that way.

Even at the CF2, there was no one in charge, the mob ruled just as it is here online. It's truly a unique group. I hope the magic lasts.

-bob

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bob, I totally apologize for any inferrence that the forum was to be affiliated with a new club. My intent was to garnish some discussion for a club that would replace the MCA not the VMF. This forum is great the was it is and I have never had any complaints about it...

·
Moderatly Old Fart
4,428 Posts
I can see it all now. 30 years from now people will be complaining about the old farts running things and how it is a Des Moines only club! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

They do nothing but eat, look at Mustangs and have burnout contests! In Des Moines!

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
I am complaining already. Located at about zillion miles from Corn Feed II, I definitely felt itch on right foot. We had Midsummer bacchanalis (= bonfires, bonking and boozing) at the same time. Deeper and deeper into night, the smarter the idea of taking a stand-by flight to CFII seemed.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts