Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a little light on the details but this coming October there will be a MCA track event at the Autobahn Country Club. The MCA has been advertising the date. More info coming.
So, If some of you wish to get in on this, you might need to become an MCA member. I am not yet sure of that being a requirement.

·
Registered
9,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The "more info"

Here we go, right out of "Mustang Times" Date is October 1-2 2016
The MCA Mustang Expo for more details.

Plucked from the one page flyer for the Spring in Dawsonville GA expo, cost is $199 (MCA members $179) I think this includes track time I.E. timed autocross runs. A Mustang Trade show. Mustang show field; parking set aside for Mustangs to park together.
This would be a non-judged, no awards show.

Of course, go read it for yourself.

·
Registered
360 Posts
We are on it.....will know more soon....combining efforts with WCSAAC, CVMC, Team Shelby.

strtr.......MCA = Mustang Club of America

Thanks
Rodd

·
2,696 Posts
Yep.

The MCA decided to come to the Autobahn in the Fall so we have decided to combine our annual car show with this event. It is looking like it is going to be a big deal for sure.

Stay tuned...

-Zim

We are on it.....will know more soon....combining efforts with WCSAAC, CVMC, Team Shelby.

strtr.......MCA = Mustang Club of America

Thanks
Rodd

·
Registered
360 Posts
Indeed, we are working to make this an event not to miss. Vintage Mustangs, Fords and Shelby's, Shelby race cars, Ford Racing, new Shelby's, open track, car show. I'm sure I missed something. Plus the Autobahn Go Karts are available to all.

October 1-2, 2016
MCA Fall Mustang Expo
Autobahn Circuit
Joliet, IL
The MCA Mustang Expo

There is not much on the website yet as it is a bit early but you can purchase track time for Saturday and/or Sunday. Here is the link: http://www.mcamustangexpo.com/jpegs/Fall_MCA_Mustang_Expo_Registration_form.pdf

We will be meeting this Saturday and I'll post updates.

·
Registered
9,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here is some additional stuff gleaned through the MCA website. If you are a MCA member, there is a sub-website that kind of spells out the details.
Running the track? Minimum helmet spec is SA 2010. NOT 2005 as the website states. It is $179 for MCA members. $199 for non-members. Thinking of doing the track? Register early, there are 3-4 track classes to select from. Basically, you run 15 minutes then sit out roughly an hour. There is a tech inspection before track time. It states: "wheel bearings tight". (I ever know why, won't they heat up and burn out?
Just going to park and watch? It's $25.00 for one car and two people. Each additinal person is $15.00. At the SAAC forum Henry said kids under a certain age are free. I don't remember that age.
Now, the Chicago VMC is having a judged show that Sunday. Zim or somebody can explain that as there seems to me there is much confusion there to get onto the Autobahn property.
If you want to go run the BFG auocross, that will cost $25.00 for that on top of all the rest. I'm guessing that will be payable at the autocross area.
The website address is The MCA Mustang Expo

·
Registered
346 Posts
You absolutely do not want to miss this HUGE Mustang event.

The Mustang Club of America is at the Autobahn Country Club Joliet Oct 1-2 for two full days of FoMoCo fun.

$25 gets your Mustang and up to two passengers admission for both days. Each additional adult is $15, kids 15 years old and younger admitted free!

A reserved parking area for your Mustang and All Ford Powered Vehicle will be provided.
There is reserved non-Ford spectator parking also. Admission fees are the same.

If you enjoy driving your car on track AT SPEED, there is open track available.

If you enjoy autocrossing your Mustang, that is available too.

In fact, your Mustang/Ford registration includes one complimentary autocross session. YES! YES! YES!

There will be Lunchtime On Track Parade Laps both days for registered Mustang and Fords.

Judged Car Show on Sunday included for All Mustangs Shelbys and Fords!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts