Vintage Mustang Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

MCA website change ?

2K views 32 replies 11 participants last post by  Bailbondsman 
#1 ·
Well, just wondering if anyone has any updated news on the new MCA website ? I was told to wait until late October or until mid-November. Here it is the 2nd of December and no apparent changes. Anyone got any updates on when we can expect a new website ?

#3 ·
Gladly waiting.....and make that GRASSHOPPERS. Over 60 people have viewed this topic, so I must not be the only one with high hopes of a new MCA website ! Thanks for responding and thanks for all that you , Charles, Lauire and all of the others do for us "noephytes" as we are the "restoration and hope-to-show-soon" folks !

#5 ·
So are you equating the web page with the museum?
Stan

#7 ·
You do realize that Bob is putting together the site?
Stan

#10 ·
My comment was that I and others are waiting. Nothing more, nothing less. I am still waiting on the Museum too. Don't really care who is doing the site, just as long as it is better than the current one.

If you don't want people to ask the question "when will the site be update/changed" then don't tell them a date. Kind of like telling a kid that Santa is coming. MCA members are anxious (just like a kid at Christmas) for the new improved site.

#11 ·
I don't even know you. I'm not sure where you came up with the comment I don't like you.
Stan

#12 ·
It's okay, Stan, I like you. Everyone sing now, "Kumbaya".......

#15 ·
Forget the money. I'm hoping she invites all of us to Tucson in July for an outdoor party! LOL
Stan

#16 ·
That can be arranged, you bringing the beer? I'll provide the salsa and chips.

#17 ·
...reasons that are best not discussed in a public forum...
Hammer. Nail. Hit it on the head!

That is a point that has many people frustrated. Where else is there to discuss MCA affairs? Most members can not travel to the meetings. VMF is the closest thing I have found to a MCA meeting place. Why can't things be public? What is so secret? Budget issues? MCA is a non-profit, so the budget should be open to everyone. Why all the political secrets? Board members not getting along? Laurie quits, then gets voted back in, but can't tell anyone why???? Regular members see issues like this and don't want to renew their membership. MCA is an open organization for the betterment of all things Mustang, not a secret society of Knights Templar that hid all the world's wealth under the streets of Boston.

I don't want this to come across as any kind of attack on anyone associated with MCA. As far as I remember I have never actually met Randy, Stan, Laurie, Charles, or any of the other MCA insiders on this board, but after several years on this board I have developed great respect for all of you (yes, even Midlife.) Officers, board members, judges - - everyone spends a lot of time in the positions with no personal gain or compensation, which shows how much you care about MCA, but acting like a super-secret-decoder-ring-only club will only hurt MCA.

#19 ·
Trust me, MCA isn't hiding anything from you - if anything, Randy is being polite about the current status. My firm, Red 5, is doing the work on the new site and is 100% responsible for the delay for reasons that are unique in my 12 years of experience.

Stay tuned, the thing will be worth the wait!

-bob

#23 ·
I'm sorry, but I cannot accept this explanation. It is just another example of rampant political favoritism.

Everyone knows this "Bob" character has absolutely no knowledge or experience with website development and is just another pirate out to steal some booty (gold, not J-Lo.)

OK - - guess I'll be patient. Its so hard to do this close to Christmas.

#26 ·
fastlane_65 said:
...reasons that are best not discussed in a public forum...
Hammer. Nail. Hit it on the head!

That is a point that has many people frustrated. Where else is there to discuss MCA affairs? Most members can not travel to the meetings. VMF is the closest thing I have found to a MCA meeting place. Why can't things be public? What is so secret? Budget issues? MCA is a non-profit, so the budget should be open to everyone. Why all the political secrets? Board members not getting along? Laurie quits, then gets voted back in, but can't tell anyone why???? Regular members see issues like this and don't want to renew their membership. MCA is an open organization for the betterment of all things Mustang, not a secret society of Knights Templar that hid all the world's wealth under the streets of Boston.

I don't want this to come across as any kind of attack on anyone associated with MCA. As far as I remember I have never actually met Randy, Stan, Laurie, Charles, or any of the other MCA insiders on this board, but after several years on this board I have developed great respect for all of you (yes, even Midlife.) Officers, board members, judges - - everyone spends a lot of time in the positions with no personal gain or compensation, which shows how much you care about MCA, but acting like a super-secret-decoder-ring-only club will only hurt MCA.

I wasn't going to answer this, because I'm really getting tired of being asked why I resigned. I resigned for personal reasons. It's funny that when other directors have resigned for personal reasons that no one questions it. Oh well...

So, here you go. I resigned for a sabbatical to allow me to concentrate on my contract interference and defamation of reputation case against the Town of Marana. We file the papers next Monday and I am deposed on January 10th. The last 18 months have been extremely stressful for me as a result of what an employee of the town did to my business, and me, personally. In July, I started to lose my hearing and it got progressively worse until I had lost all the hearing in my left ear and almost half on the right. That, combined with the awful pressure and pain, almost made life not worth living. This primarily was due to the stress that I have been under. It finally cleared up last month, but I still have constant noise in my left ear. It's getting quieter, too, fortunately.

I felt it was better to take a sabbatical for the remainder of the year since my National Show committee duties essentially were over until next year. There already were enough people on the board not contributing to the work load in any appreciable way and I didn't want to become a part of that group. I had good faith that I would be re-elected since I never have been less than the fifth position in the vote count. If I weren't up for reelection, I'm not sure what I would have done. It's very hard to walk away from something that you love doing, but sometimes it has to be done.

I'll be back in January, ready and willing to work as hard as ever for MCA. We have some great shows coming up next year and some really cool shows in the planning process over the next couple of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.