Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today I found out that my Tri-Ys will not fit with the McCleod Scattershield. Those of you with this bell...what headers are you running? Im interested in the ceramic coated Patriots that are like a mid length with 1 5/8" primaries and 3" collectors. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
I'm using Hooker Comps. I didn't even need the drop bracket with these headers, because they tuck up very nice. That may not be true, though, with slightly narrower and shorter 289/302 (mine is a 315w block).

I did have to "adjust" them slightly with the "header adjustment tool" (aka BFH) on the driver's side. Passenger side fit with no problems at all.

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
I had a 66 coupe with a 289 and a McCleod Scattershield and used the Hookers and had no problems...I did have to cut them and put in a flange to make them 2 piece for the clutch linkage...

Mel ::

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
I have a set of Ford Powertrain Application headers on my 69 along with a McCleod scattershield. Never had to do anything but bolt them in. They are 1 3/4 tubes. Check them out at www.fordpowertrain.com .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts