Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just drove my stang around and now it dies on the side of the road. I filled it up with gas and drove about 15 miles. After pulling away from the stop light I had to give it a lot of gas to move, well now it will not start. I think it is the fuel pump as I took the line off from the pump to the filter, but no gas squirted out, even when I give it gas while trying to start. I think the pump may be bad OR I have a clogg somewhere? ANY IDEAS!

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am letting it sit now, but what excatly is a vapor lock and what causes it?

·
Registered
630 Posts
vapor lock can happen when a fuel line near the engine may get hot, and the fuel inside the line will start to get hotter and hotter, to the point of boiling. This causes vapor to build up inside the lines. Let the engine cool down and check the arrangement of your fuel lines. Make sure that none of the lines are too close to the manifolds or the intake. Arrange them so that they are away from hot stuff. If that does not help, try to bleed your fuel line there may be some air?

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It worked, guess I had my fuel line touching the upper rad hose! OPPS! I was worried there for a minute! Thanks again guys!

·
Registered
630 Posts
no problem, glad I could help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts