Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Josh, what mounting point are you using for the engine placement? it seems that once the transmission is mounted it would determine the rest of the mounting points forward, once the tranny has been mounted into the car, with using the 390 that was in the car, I should not have any mounting problems beside the oil pan if any, I did some research today and it seems that a rear sump pan from a early F250 4X4 should work if needing a rear sump pan, which seems like your system use's, also what headers would you suggest? as you can tell I am getting parts together while waiting for the system to show up.:thumbsup:

·
Vendor
460 Posts
We are still ironing out many of the BB details so we can't answer the header question definitively just yet. We have had great success with headers designed for Fox Bodies fitting these front ends on SB applications.

The placement of the engine was designated by the rack and pinion. The rack literally had to fit down the middle of the front and rear sump portions of the pan.

-Jason

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We are still ironing out many of the BB details so we can't answer the header question definitively just yet. We have had great success with headers designed for Fox Bodies fitting these front ends on SB applications.

The placement of the engine was designated by the rack and pinion. The rack literally had to fit down the middle of the front and rear sump portions of the pan.

-Jason
if the engine placement is off the rack and pinion, where does the transmission mounting come in? does the trans mounting need to be change also?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts