Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Even though I have been following this forum for over a year, this is the first time for me to post a question. My mustang has a 302 with some work done to it. I just installed a Mallory Unilite distributor and MSD 6A ignition box. I think that I need more mechanical advanced. How do I go about this on the Unilite? Also, when my engine was rebuilt the compression is a little too high for pump gas, I can't get my initial above 6 or 7 degrees before it pings.

Thanks,

Todd

67 coupe 302 bored .060 over hedders cam edlebrock intake

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Mallory distributors with a part # ending in "01" usually come from the factory with 24 degrees of mech advance. What do you estimate your cr to be? Are you maybe running to lean or do you have a vac adv hooked up or adjusted wrong?

65 FB "J" 302 lots of mods. 94 GT K&N only.
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/view?u=1590489&a=12113030&p=43871256&Sequence=7&res=high.jpg

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The part number for this one does end in 01. I am pretty sure it is not the vac adv. The feels like it needs more advance when it is floored. Just to clarify, vac adv does cut off when the car is floored correct. I've heared people on here talking about a total advance of 37 degrees. How do you figure total advance and what sould mine be?

Thanks,

Todd

1 - 3 of 3 Posts