Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's this weekend at the Pheasant Run Resort on North Avenue in St Charles.

Opens at 11:00 on Friday, 10:00 on Saturday and 11:00 on Sunday. General admission is $10.00. I hope to go and check it out. Always wanted to see an auction in person and you can't get much closer to home than this. There will be 750 plus muscle cars, most at no reserve. It's a pretty impressive line up of cars. More info here:

http://www.mecumauction.com/auctions/auction_detail.html?AUCTION_ID=CH1006

Anybody going?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Not sure if I will make it this time. I have been to most of them for the last few years. Lots of nice cars. Not sure about this one but in the past almost all cars had a reserve.

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oops - just checked the Mecum website again and you are correct. Most cars do have a reserve - my bad.

I had this auction mixed up with the Jerry Capizzi auction on 11/11/06. "Cappy's collection" is mostly no reserve cars.

·
Registered
279 Posts
It is interesting that there are 42 Mustangs up for auction, with a large amount of Shelby's. Is the Shelby the new speculation stock, or is there that much of a turn over in ownership. Just an observation. Dave

·
Registered
9,782 Posts
I'd suggest there is a tremendous amount of speculation with the Shelbys being auctioned. Listen to some of the owners, it's all about the money. (Yeah, I only had it 6 months and made $5000.00) To bad for the real enthusiasts.

My Gt 350? I'll keep it a lot longer, thank you.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Not sure if anyone is going, but take a look at the 68 shelby convertible that will be auctioned on Saturday. Its the only Maroon (original special order) colored shelby convertible produced in 68. It was found this year and sold to (a broker) who did some clean up and is trying to make $$ on it...Your right Roddster..to bad the enthusiasts didn't get it first...If you want to see the details of this car go to www.coralsnake.com...Pete Disher has a website for 68 shelby's..pretty neat stuff..If I only had won the lottery (I guess it helps if you actually buy the tickets)...

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Elaine and i spent a few hours there this afternoon. Saw three Boss 429s, seven Boss 302s, lost count of how many Shelbys, tons of nice Vettes and plenty of Mopars too...

Lots of beautiful cars there and most were top notch. It was fun to watch the auction action up close. You could put a collection together if your checkbook was fat enough. Mine wasn't, so we just watched. ;)

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm waiting for the auction results to be posted on their site. I believe I heard a GT350 sell for just under $80,000 while we were walking the other tents. I may have heard wrong.

The cars that did not sell were still available for sale. You had to go and make a written offer. I think like a silent auction. Not sure how that worked. Anybody know?

Was discussing $ with the owner of a grabber blue 70 Boss 302 that didn't sell in it's Friday afternoon slot. Had the hood tach, Hurst shifter, 4 speed, etc, etc. $58,000. Sounded like a pretty good buy to me. Luckily I had no way to commit myself at the time or someone would be commiting me (or admitting me at Good Sam).

A lot of cars didn't sell. Either the big spenders weren't there or the cars were over priced. Maybe too many people are watching the B-J auctions on TV.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts