Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like my car is ready to go into the body shop (Commet Autobody). Before taking it in I need to have it media blasted and plan to take it up to Marysville. If any of you have looked out the window lately, I'm sure you can see my problem, so here is my question:

If there was a light rain and I used a car cover to transport back from Marysville to North Seattle, how bad would that be for the car or should I just wait for a sunny day?

Thanks,
Adam

·
Premium Member
3,637 Posts
Car covers DON'T keep the rain out. They protect the car from sun damage and the crud the that comes with the rain. The object of a car cover is to let the surface breath so water will evaporate freely. So if it's "RAINING" it will only keep the surface marginaly dry. If it's not realy raining and you're just trying to keep the road spray off, Car covers DON'T keep the rain out. They protect the car from sun damage and the crud the that comes with the rain. The object of a car cover is to let the surface breath so water will evaporate freely. So if it's "RAINING" it will only keep the surface marginally dry. If it's not really raining and you're just trying to keep the road spray off, a car cover would certainly help.

If it were me, I'd wait for a "Dry Road" day, and make a run for it (Forget about seeing the sun this time of year :p)

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Car covers DON'T keep the rain out. Car covers DON'T keep the rain out. Car covers DON'T keep the rain out. Car covers DON'T keep the rain out. Car covers DON'T keep the rain out. Car covers DON'T keep the rain out.
Ken.....no posting from the damn bar!!
:joker:

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Let me get this straight. Car covers do not keep out the rain?

Actually I called the media blasters and they said that they will store the car for free for up to 2 weeks or as long as it is raining after blasting. They also said that they have wrapped cars in a large tarp before if there is a light rain.

Adam

·
Registered
745 Posts
May I suggest you go across the street from them to
www.sandblastersinc.com and get a high quality job done. I have had excellent results with Warren at Sandblasters Inc.and will only use them. His guys are very well trained and do awesome work. Call 360-658-9372 locally

1-877-705-8833 toll free
Good luck

·
Premium Member
3,637 Posts
What?

You ever lift an average car cover after a heavy rain?

Few covers actually keep a car DRY! That's not to say there aren't a few out there that will (BIG BLUE TARP comes to mind).

Hell, my Evolution fabric cover comes pretty damn close, but it weren't cheep. I sure wouldn't want to spend the $$$ just to get a car home.

·
Premium Member
2,636 Posts
Just don't end up like the goober in the Hemi commercial. :wall:

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
What? You ever lift an average car cover after a heavy rain?
:lol: :rofl: :lol: :rofl:

Ken....please read your original post again...you'll get it. You cut and paste your post....twice. :winkgrin:

Now.. do you need to borrow a "doggy downer"?? :biggrin:

For the record...I do not doubt either of your statements that...Car covers do not keep out the rain.

·
Premium Member
3,637 Posts
What? You ever lift an average car cover after a heavy rain?
:lol: :rofl: :lol: :rofl:

Ken....please read your original post again...you'll get it. You cut and paste your post....twice. :winkgrin:

Now.. do you need to borrow a "doggy downer"?? :biggrin:

For the record...I do not doubt either of your statements that...Car covers do not keep out the rain.
Doh!

http://www.bodo.com/zhomerb.gif

1 - 14 of 14 Posts