Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got four 1/2 oz. sample pouches of Meguiar's Gold Class liquid wax in my goody bag at the BAMA show this weekend. I just washed my 00 Camaro and decided "What the heck, if it works on the Pewter color it just might work out well on my Meadowlark Yellow vert". Ya see, the Meadowlark Yellow goes a long way towards making my vert invisible. Anyway I used the Chebby as a Guinea Pig and WOW! The stuff went on easily, buffed off easily and the car now looks like it has been dipped in glass. It is amazing stuff. I've been using Meguiar's Mirror Glaze #26 yellow wax for years but it is much harder to buff off and I've never gotten such spectacular results with that product. Anyone have any experience with this Gold Class stuff? Is there a down side? If not, I'm buying the big sized bottle and doing both Mustangs, the GMC Safari and the dog (nah, she might be too tough to buff out).

·
Registered
518 Posts
See, I just don't get it! I've bought the stuff twice and I HATE it! I didn't find it that easy to use. Maybe I should have used the terry cloth like they recommend instead of the diaper cloth. I always use the Mequiar's paint cleaner (once a year), the polish, and then the carnuba wax. The carnuba wax lasts FOREVER and leaves a great shine. Maybe I should try it again because everyone says that it's awesome.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
just for the heck of it i got a squirt bottle this last week end , i never wax mine its out side all the time tho and was looking a little dull so i tryed it on mine ,its black in color, turned out very nice, and now all i gotta do is spray her down and the black just shines like glass . So i say go ahead and try it.
Every dog is different tho, I guess it depends on the dog
next ill try doin the car...........

·
Registered
356 Posts
I actually have tried that "spray on after washing and wax as you dry" stuff (sorry, forgot who makes it) and it does work. I like it a lot because it saves me a time.

·
Administrator
19,444 Posts
Yes, I use it and think it's great. I just bought their paste wax this time as it's less messy and will be using it on my car before the Grand National.

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
DANG!!! There goes another of my "secrets" out the window! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

I use it and love it - although I prefer the paste to the liquid for cars....the dog is much easier to do with the liquid! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Yeah, Gold Class is a secret of many detail shops. For an ULTIMATE shine, first apply a coat of Meguiar's Deep Crystal System Polish before the Gold Class coat - You will be in Heaven, trust me.

You'd never think I had a $500 Maaco paint job with the way I get complimented. Everyone asks how much I paid for my paint job. I say $2,000 and NO ONE balks at it, then I tell them Maaco did it for $500 and their eyes practically bug outta their heads.

Meguiar's is mean stuff. I LOVE it. It turns my navajo beige Mustang into a real shiner. You can count the leaves on a tree branch in the roof of my car after my Deep Crystal/Gold Class combo. Also use Meguiar's Gold Class WASH - it ALONE has amazing shine properties.

As far as "Wax As U Dry", it's made by Eagle One and is very good for a quick detail, much like any quick detailer in a spray bottle. Good stuff.

- Anthony "the chemical man."

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
My dad swears by the paste #24 wax......I agree

I like using the #7 show car glaze.......then the wax....

If the car looks hazy I do some #9 swirl remover to touch up any dry spots.....then show car glaze then the wax.....

it stays on for a loooong time and it looks like glass...
I also like the detail mist...

to each their own

and diapers are the way to go!!!

G

·
0 Posts
I did like you did. I bought my car and it had been sitting for about a year outside, though it was covered. It looked as if the owner tried putting a quick coat of cheapo wax before I went to see it...but it looked like arse.

After a couple of weeks a really nice weekend finally popped up and I broke out the buffer and used the mequires 3 step Cleaner, Polish, and Carnuba. I then followed that up with Gold Class Paster and I sat back and admired my work. I was even stunned. I was thinking of getting it repainted this winter...but not anymore, that is now delayed a few years.

G

·
0 Posts
I did like you did. I bought my car and it had been sitting for about a year outside, though it was covered. It looked as if the owner tried putting a quick coat of cheapo wax before I went to see it...but it looked like arse.

After a couple of weeks a really nice weekend finally popped up and I broke out the buffer and used the mequires 3 step Cleaner, Polish, and Carnuba. I then followed that up with Gold Class Paste and I sat back and admired my work. I was even stunned. I was thinking of getting it repainted this winter...but not anymore, that is now delayed a few years.

·
Registered
16,009 Posts
I've used the stuff, it was officially the first bottle of wax I have actually made the effort to drive back to the store and return. I've got my own secret formula, and that's why I can't tell you what it is /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
I haven't tried it, but I've tried other products mentioned in the post. The best stuff is Harley's pure carnuba paste wax. Hard to use, but great results. For ease of use and great overall performance, my favorite is Superglaze made by Wax shop. This stuff is a bit pricey, but it does everything. Great product.

Troy

1 - 13 of 13 Posts