Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been using meguiars #7 hand glaze on my 68 coupe, for a couple of years. The paint is Acrylic urethane or Acrylic Enamel, I can't remember. It has not been waxed since the paint was put on. I'm trying to get a little better shine out of it. Will I get that with the gold class? Or do I have to go back to the polishing stage and start from there?

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
The bottle should read "Safe for all finishes". If it does you can use it. Sure it will make it shine more. Unless you've got orangepeel. Then it won't help much. A good buffing job will work wonders.

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
You can use almost ANY Meguiar's product on a non-clearcoat car! Gold Class included.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I used gold class on my '69 MACH, no clear coat. When I bought it, the paint was VERY oxidized, and after a good waxing, it looked like a brand new car! I highly recommend it!!

G

·
0 Posts
Nice looking Vert. What color is that exactly, was that out of the PPG book of colors? I am looking for a replacement color for my car. I have House of Kolor Brandy wine on my car and i wanted to go with a 2 stage paint instead. Kandy colors is too expensive and not worth the trouble. Thanks

·
Registered
16,009 Posts
Yeah, should be in any book because it is '98 Ford Taurus Torreador Clearcoat Metallic. My paint guy uses Glasurit because it has a serious warranty.

·
Registered
16,009 Posts
BTW House of Kolors was under serious consideration when I was shopping for paint. Paint guy had used it many times on motorcycles but discouraged me from painting an entire car with it because it is not very durable. And the color I went with has enough "travel" in it to make most people assume it's some wild aftermarket blend.

Travel = effect in paint that changes hue/tone with varying shades of light (difficult to capture on camera).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts