Vintage Mustang Forums banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
9,858 Posts
Champcar had a 24 hour race at VIR this weekend. The KH Motorsports team that runs a 66 won their class! They finished the race 44th out of 90+ racers.

It’s awesome to finish a 24, but to win your class...that’s something pretty incredible! They run the oldest car there too.
Congrats guys! See you in October at Lake Garnett.

Mark
1966 Mustang 2+2
Good to see that car still running let alone winning:pirate: although it's starting to look a little rough around the edges

·
Registered
7,792 Posts

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
Here's a video montage of last weekends event at the Lake Garnett Grand Prix Revival. It was rained out in October. There were a lot of us unable to make the rescheduled event, but for those that did attend, they got to experience racing in 15 degree temps!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=TE7PndwpWtc&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR0T9CrqxE_XmMyXkecxtlH-IbWxHwYY89rnZnolDrq-BZ1cdSkNf7em1vs
I like the in/on car videos, takes you along for the ride. Nice!

Allen

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Excellent ! ! Looks like a blast :smile2:

John

·
Super Moderator
8,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Thanks Allen. Also a huge thanks to Allen for all his help this weekend. I can’t say enough how helpful it is to have an extra set of hands and eyes at the track with you.

Instructor gave me a thumbs up on that pass. His words, “BTW...you just passed a $200 Porsche”. 😲

I’ll load up some stuff when we get home this evening

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
I guess I should post my Aug 26 autocross when I started out in second gear and smoked the clutch. Wife took the video in portrait. She supports my hobby, so I suggest we let it slide.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts