Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Searched but no luck so I need some pic’s of a Metal front valance that was made to look like a R model.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,064 Posts
All I saw for sale where fiberglass or plastic ones. I suppose you could cut the center of your front valance and fold the bottom section and sides inward but you will need something to join the corners so a little welding would need to be done. I remember somebody on here having done one recently as a means of getting more air to the radiator. I even thought just removing the area where a license plate would go would improve airflow or would be a great place to mount a trans, oil, or even power steering cooler if it didn't reduce flow or transfer heat to the main radiator. When you wanted, you could even put a license plate over it to cover it up.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes it was posted here as I remember seeing it and thinking about doing it as I’m almost ready to get into that..I have the MTF upper section almost fitted and ready to make that mod..

·
Registered
681 Posts
Patrick... is that yours?

·
Registered
313 Posts
I used a license plate for a template on the stock valance and cut it out, worked great!
2886E1C3-467D-41B3-80AE-33C868C6DA67.jpeg

Reactions: cougar70 and Nos681

·
Registered
681 Posts
What did you use for air inlet and diameter?
Looks nice.
I had looked at garbage disposal opening in past, when I was looking to do that.
The reason, it has a nice smooth radius.

·
Spammer Hammer
10,795 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
James...I like that as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts