Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've had the car on the road 6 months and the brand new parking brake handle broke about 3 weeks ago.
Does anyone know of a metal handle that can be used on the 65 brake lever. Iv'e read a few posts about the handle breaking and I figured I would just get away from the plastic.
Dave

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
There are no metal handles made that I know of, but my suggestion to get you there is to get a metal "T" shift handle from hurst, like was put on the 4-speed. You can get them plain without a shift pattern on them. You might be able to drill it out to fit on the parking brake rod, then drill the parking brake rod where the "T" handle setscrew is then use an allan wrench to turn the set screw down into the rod and presto - metal handle that looks cool too.

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
I've got a metal one in my vert. I think it may be an earlier Falcon part. It was on the car when I got it.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
I like Jay's cool looking handle. I think the reason the stock handles are offset is to allow easier access to the vent pull. Aren't the plastic ones made of bakelite?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts