Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody used Metro SUPERsoft weatherstripping? I'm looking at my options for the door and roof rail. I'm trying to find the best stuff I can get to keep wind noise down as much as possible.

Metro's cost is several times what Scott Drake charges. Is this a case of "you get what you pay for"? For example, at Summit, a pair of Scott Drake roof rail seals cost $28. The Metro seals are $288 - 10 times the Scott Drake seals!!

Metro has been around for 102 years and have been family owned for four generations. Sounds like the kind of company I'd like to support, but are they worth it?

Any opinions?

Reactions: schweigert

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Never heard of them.
Daniel Carpenter is generally regarded as the best supplier and most accurate reproducers of rubber for these cars followed by SteelRubberProducts. Summit may only carry the 2 lines and plenty of crap comes with an SD name so for some it would be an easy choice, no matter the price, between those two.

·
Registered
887 Posts
I’ve use metro super soft seals for T Top seals on a Pontiac Trans Am and they fit and worked great. These cars were notorious for leaks in the T Tops. Metro seals fixed the leaking tops on that car. Have not used them on a mustang before but I would not hesitate to buy them again. I didn’t notice therevwas that much price difference between metro and other brands though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts