Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I am very close to painting a documented SCJ Drag Pack Mach 1 that I have on a rotisserie. I have some questions that I'm hoping I can have answered here by those more knowledgeable.
Here goes.
The car has a build date of 10-31-69.
Were these cars undercoated before leaving the plant, or would it have been dealer applied?
Can anyone provide pictures that show the factory over spray on the underside of the body and/or inside of the fenders?
Was the rear end third member painted the same shade of red oxide as the body? I see some that appear darker.

Thank you for your input.

·
Registered
8 Posts
No undercoat. Sound deadner was applied at the factory. Standard interior got a quick spray the length of the transmission tunnel, rear wheel wells, inside rear quarters in trunk. Deluxe interior got more, Heavier in the tunnel, covering more of the floor from the torque boxes back. Was done after brake cables etc installed. Concours mustang forum has lots of photos if no one here does. Third member was painted in a different location so likely to be a different shade. Note there are machined faces on it when done correctly.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Hello all. I am very close to painting a documented SCJ Drag Pack Mach 1 that I have on a rotisserie. I have some questions that I'm hoping I can have answered here by those more knowledgeable.
Here goes.
The car has a build date of 10-31-69.
Were these cars undercoated before leaving the plant, or would it have been dealer applied?
Can anyone provide pictures that show the factory over spray on the underside of the body and/or inside of the fenders?
Was the rear end third member painted the same shade of red oxide as the body? I see some that appear darker.

Thank you for your input.
go tothis site for even more good answers & pics. check out the library section too. ConcoursMustang Forums - Index

1 - 3 of 3 Posts