Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a Mexican Block 302 in storage today - complete from top to bottom. Everything had "D0" part numbers on it. It's still standard bore. The machinist wants to buy it or trade for it. How much are these things worth.... roughly? Thanks,

John

·
Registered
832 Posts
300 bucks is a fair price if the motor mags out ok. You could pay a lot more.... but you could also find one for free if you got lucky.
Sometimes luck takes a long long time.
How is that car of yours running?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WAIT, WAIT! im gonna step up on this, im gonna out bid the last guy -20.00 for it

i figure its only a little more than a std bore reg 302 is worth the only diffrence is the main caps
and ive seen those for around 50/75 bucks[main caps]
i guess it depends on how bad a guy wants one.

Dave

·
Registered
10,587 Posts
I'd say, for a complete longblock, between 3 and 400.00...

Here's a pic index for Mex302 images I'm working on....will add more as time permits...sizes are large; over 150K each.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Are you sure it's a Mexican 302? I've never seen one with "D0" numbers on it. C8AM, D1ZM, and a 75YZ or something like that. Check it again.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not sure of the value, but in my search for a roller block I ran across one in the Atlanta GA area. The guy is asking $250 if memory serves me correctly. Send me a PM and I'll give you his e-address.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I paid $250 for mine. Standard bore that had to be bored .30 over.

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
Pat, you get that block for Christmas?

·
Registered
10,587 Posts
hehehe....nope...that's mustang joe's block IIRC...

I wanted to examine the main webs and pan rails for differences compared to regular 302...

Haven't had time yet...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts