Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope you enjoyed your brief fame as Lords of the Cruise, beating our previous Pony Trails record with 237 cars. But our MM Pony Trails cruise is tomorrow. Weatherman says it's going to be beautiful, they've picked a gorgeous route, tomorrow we will reclaim the throne!

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
I work right across I-90 from BCC... I'll wave as you go by!

Have fun,

Steve

·
Banned
4,774 Posts
Obviously their trail was all newer models ! Spent three weeks there a few years ago , saw one vintage Mustang ( other than in Ford museum ) and it was totally rusted out . Wasn't theirs held on a weekend unlike ours on a work day ?

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I think ours is the only weekday Pony Trails cruise. Can you imagine the attendance if they held it on a weekend! Of course with Boeing layoffs and dot-com failures everyone around here is jobless anyway so we should get a pretty good turnout!

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You'll have to wave pretty hard Steve, Pony Trails takes off from Monroe this year. Although there will be smaller groups meeting and leaving from BCC to get to Monroe. Sorry we'll miss you on this one. Will we be graced with Shari's presence on Sunday?

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
A few days ago, I didn't think so since my dad decided to come in town this weekend, but he's expressed an interest in going. I may not be able to stay all day, but at least 1/2 of Sunday looks doable.

Dang, now I have to wash Shari on Saturday!

Steve

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
wishful thinking!!!!!!!!!
You just keep on living in your dream world buddy!
You ain't gonna do it. you will fall 1 car short. heheheheheheheh,,, hahhaahahahahahahah,,hohohohohohohohohhohoh,heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh.

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
Dano, if it looks like you're running exactly one car short, give me a call. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Steve

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Michigan folks are generous, (We gave you the game between the Wolverines and Huskies last year), but you will have to earn this award./forums/images/icons/mad.gif.../forums/images/icons/smile.gif

G

·
0 Posts
Hey Dan,
Pony Tails sounds like a lot of fun I'm going to try and head down on Saturday and stay for a few days, Not to far, I'm on Vancouver Island B.C. Canada. Good Luck and have fun!!!!!!!!

G

·
0 Posts
Well, Well. Good luck Seattle. I have been to your show and trail and was impressed. I was also at the West Michigan Record Setting Event a few weeks ago. Remember that every car in the Michigan show was a MUSTANG. The home of Henry will prevail.

One other noteworthy mention. The greater West Michigan area has a population of about a million people. Your little Bellevue event pulls from nearly four million. My math suggests that you should have almost 1000 cars just to keep pace. It is true that there are fewer Mustangs in Michigan than the Northwest. It just speaks to the enthusiasim of those in the Midwest who will salvage a complete rust bucket and turn it into the neighborhood's envy. Never-the-less...good luck. If you do beat the record, recognize that your environment is more suited to the hobby (12 months of mild weather, high population/outstanding shops and outlets for parts/huge inventories of low rust vehicles).

If you don't win, its a shame.

Have fun and honk your horn once in a while

1 - 11 of 11 Posts